When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need some 2826-2 with GMT expertise.....

dutchguy2

Sorry...I can't help but I had the same problem with my latest purchase from Andrew a 16750.

Asked him what to do he replied it's a known bug, I should send it back to him he'll replace it.

Well...I decided to sell it with a little loss since I don't have the patience to wait and since there is another pepsi to come ;)

Domi said that there is a problem with the movement but he can fix it :)

So at least it shouldn't be that serious :D

Sent from my wooden drums using Tupperware.

After you set the gmt and time, try going back to position 2 on the crown and setting the date. So make sure you set date last basically - see if that helps.

If it doesn't it may also just be that they left out the dial washer or that it needs a little more bend in it to keep friction on that Gmt hand gear

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

great...I wish I had your skills :notworthy:

Sent from my wooden drums using Tupperware.

You do. If I can do it anyone can. I have old eyes that need a lot of help seeing small parts, big fingers and hands that were never used for 'fine' work. If you are a physician, then it'd be easier AND you gor a lot of the tools that are better quality than what we use. 

There are tutorials on most all repairs on this site, step-by-step that are great. That's the knowledge needed. All I needed then was the guts to try it. I figured the worst that could happen was that I ruined a movement and would have to pay someone to fix it. Instead it worked, much to my surprise and delight, and I've gone on to learn other repairs.  I really encourage people to try it, because I really mean that if I can, with no talent, anyone can!

This is a common 'feature' of the 2836 GMT conversion. The GMT hand 'slips' and loses sync with the hour and minute hand. There is a really easy fix to get it back working again without dismantling the watch. It's not permanent but it will work for a while.

Adjust the GMT hand to where you want it, relative to your hour hand.

Then set your time and scroll through a day or so.

Just turn the crown and advance the time for 24 or 48 hours. It will get the gears back in synch and you should see the GMT hand working perfectly while you scroll through your time. It should work for a while.

Whenever mine would slip out of synch that little trick would usually get it back working again.

• Like 1

I have one but the GMT hand does not move. If I change the GMT hand by hand it all works but as soon it has to move automatic it stops after 5 mins while the rest keeps moving.

Any one know where the problem is?

You've addressed the major potential problems... the only thing left is if the gear itself is slipping, and the only way to fix it that I know if is to glue it and remove the independent setting functionality (or replace it with another).

• 6 months later...