When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

my Crooked AP diver v3.5 from PureTime

There is no XS strap, you have to get a gen strap, if I remember correctly they are about $325 or so. 

All reps have issues, be it dust or some small imperfection. It's unfortunate that manufacturer's and dealer's QA is still quite in stone age. Unless you specifically ask dealers nicely to do extra QA for you they will not bother, and you really have to ask super nice, worked for me on my last purchase from Trusty.

There is no XS strap, you have to get a gen strap, if I remember correctly they are about $325 or so. 

All reps have issues, be it dust or some small imperfection. It's unfortunate that manufacturer's and dealer's QA is still quite in stone age. Unless you specifically ask dealers nicely to do extra QA for you they will not bother, and you really have to ask super nice, worked for me on my last purchase from Trusty.

woah $325 for a piece of rubber? I can use that spare cash to buy another rep once i've gotten a proper watch smith around my area. i've been looking at AP bands and I think that only the orginal rubber looks good on the V3.5

I had the same experience with TrustyTime - Andrew is willing to help out as long as you ask nicely. :)

woah $325 for a piece of rubber? I can use that spare cash to buy another rep once i've gotten a proper watch smith around my area. i've been looking at AP bands and I think that only the orginal rubber looks good on the V3.5

So i guess youre still looking for a watch smith that would work on reps huh?, I would assume that there are many in Singapore because it  has a bigger city setting. Good luck with the search man.

Edited by masterful_blaster

I'm pretty sure it's only one size strap. Can't blame the TD. This is why they invented deployment clasp. :)  

Edited by 8pm

I'm pretty sure it's only one size strap. Can't blame the TD. This is why they invented deployment clasp. :)  

gonna purchase a gen XS. No choice, managed to get it fixed from a local watch store for $60. this game is more expensive than i think it will be. and Puretime didn't reply my email. No way will I be patronising their service again.

Just made my 2nd rep purchase on another TD and hopefully it will be a much better experience than with PT.

I am in the same boat. I do not recommend PureTime at all. Shady customer experience , emails not answered. Just the general automatic e-mail sent with poor QC pictures which were taken so it was hard to spot the crooked second hand. 

@vodka and nimbus88

Guys, I recommend you start a thread at Puretime section under customer feedback. Here or Repgeek.

Cause I speak to Puretime(angus) at repgeek almost everyday. He should be able to help you out.

He gives forum members priority. B)

unfortunately it's a rubber strap for this one and the hole is not circular but kinda rectangular in nature. been phoning a few shops and none of them have got the tools to do that.

maybe something like this would work

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6-Sizes-Leather-Heavy-Duty-Hole-Punch-Hand-Pliers-Flat-Bore-Round-Oval-Hole-/221235679457?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3382ac90e1

managed to solve the issue. got a watchsmith to bend the second hand straight and purchased a genuine strap for US$218 at the AP service centre. zzzz.

unfortunately, I realised that there's a scratch on my dial and PureTime can't send me a replacement dial

• 2 weeks later...

i'm still annoyed that my inner dial for my v3.5 came scratched and they just sent me a new second hand needle because mine is bent and can't send me a new dial.

what's the point of me sending back my watch when they can just send me a new one. i'm just so annoyed with the watch everytime i look at it and i've dropped so much $$ because I even bought a gen short strap. zzz

is it even remotely possible that PT will send me a new watch? the scratch on the dial is obvious, and there's a speck of dust too.

My friend that is how the system works. You have to send the watch back to PT in order for them to fix the dial for you which could mean replacing the dial for you. That is how it works I am afraid. Unless you ask if you can pay for a new dial and see if they will take payment for a new dial. 

That has been my experience with all of the TDs here including PT. 

OP, yes like mentioned, you will need to have the watch sent back for the fix as most TDs do not just sent you a new one. Its also very unlikely that they will send or even sell you the dial as it seems the Noob is stopping the sales of parts unless maybe you have connections but no harm checking with them, you never know.

If you still need a local watchsmith, just drop me a PM, maybe you can also do the low beat mod as per gen with him too.

I've asked for a new dial but they are unable to provide me with one. If I were to send the watch back, how would they know if they had received the watch and its going to be a painful harrowing process of waiting for them to acknowledge and getting back a new one for me.

Then again what's the rationale of doing so, are they going to resell the watch? Wouldn't that be unfair to other buyers out there

I guess my next best alternative is to find a new watch dial and have it replaced. But I think it will be great if PT can send me a new piece

If you have agreed to send it back, they will provide you with their mailing process and to do it with tracking, the tracking will help identify your watch with an email to them after you have done so. But do bear in mind, to and fro will easily takes 3-6 weeks as they will likely do the repair than exchange a new one.

Check your PM, i have sent you some other informations.

Edited by kindred666

I HIGHLY recommend MD2020 on this. It's a simple fix and he will turn it around for you before you can say EMS...

I HIGHLY recommend MD2020 on this. It's a simple fix and he will turn it around for you before you can say EMS...

is MD2020 based in Singapore? wouldn't want to do any postage on this watch as i fear it will get lost after putting in so much moolah into it.

i'm still annoyed that my inner dial for my v3.5 came scratched and they just sent me a new second hand needle because mine is bent and can't send me a new dial.

what's the point of me sending back my watch when they can just send me a new one. i'm just so annoyed with the watch everytime i look at it and i've dropped so much $$ because I even bought a gen short strap. zzz

is it even remotely possible that PT will send me a new watch? the scratch on the dial is obvious, and there's a speck of dust too.

It doesn't sound like the dial came scratched from the TD. you have been staring at the dial since you got the watch and did not see a scratch or dust until your"watchsmith" worked on the second hand.  Does this suggest a possible reason the dial is now scratched and dusty? I think it does. I'm sorry you are in this situation, but I surely would have got the initial problem solved before spending money on a gen strap . JMHO