When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

my Crooked AP diver v3.5 from PureTime

I was quite excited over my first AP Diver purchase from PureTime after 3 weeks of wait and approving of QC pictures. However, to my horror, when the watch arrived, I realised that the second hand needle is CROOKED. It is so obvious that I spotted it straigt away when it even had the A+ grade sticker on the crystal surface.

Looking back all the QC images, the dealer had taken most of them in an angle that it's IMPOSSIBLE to tell that the second hand is BENT and shouldn't they have exercised their own judgment when they seen it?

These were the QC images sent

post-54130-0-42455700-1369754268_thumb.j

post-54130-0-56117900-1369754285_thumb.j

and THESE are the actual watch when I received it on the 27th May 203 and do notice how bent and crooked the needle is

post-54130-0-43003200-1369754784_thumb.j

post-54130-0-94221500-1369754815_thumb.p

on top of that, I've requested for a short strap as my wrist is tiny at only 6". To my disappointment, the strap wasn't the XS length and unless I get a new strap, i can do hula-hoops with this thing.

Nontheless solid quality except for the flaws and PureTime has yet to acknowledge my email for a replacement or solution to rectify this issues albeit their 72hr return policy upon receiving the watch.

I am puzzled that given that they are trusted dealers, why can't they exercise a little more caution in their end of QC too. Obviously we as the end consumer will not be happy when it comes to defect THAT obvious like this. It's not about a scratch or something that I will get picky over but this issue is just simply unacceptable.

Now I have to go through the complete hassle of mailing the watch back to China (a few days of waiting) plus PURETIME acknowledging the receipt of the returned watch PLUS them getting a replacement plus them getting QC images. Goodness....this whole duration will take at least a month!

Have anyone been through such experience with them? I would like to hear some advice.

I do understand PureTime has done a great job so far getting us the goods but such hassle that involve due to one being not meticulous enough makes everyone upset as both parties has to fork out additional money to pay for the shipping fees.

Hey Ceejay, I'm just wondering how much it will cost to fix it and in order to punch another hole into the rubber strap, not too sure if any watchsmith are able to do it.

I'm having second thoughts on my next rep purchase, wanted to get a HBB next month but I'm holding back till PT is able to rectify this issue for me.

Try Spinmaster. I think he is in SIngas

@mjmj: how does the watchsmith do it? do they remove the case back and take out the entire movement and straighten the needle with a pair of pliers? Or do they take out the crystal?

I think they remove the caseback and movement with dial. Then pull out the needle, straighten it then put the needle back on.  That is my guess.

Thanks! Will try to reach out to him. sadly his PM inbox is currently full.

any idea if additional hole punching is possible for a rubber strap?

cheers mate.

Try Spinmaster. I think he is in SIngas

I think they remove the caseback and movement with dial. Then pull out the needle, straighten it then put the needle back on.  That is my guess.

Unfortunately these are minor things that we have to deal with when purchasing REPS.

I'm pretty new here but already made 3 purchases from different TD's. all Hublots above the 400 dollar mark.

I did encounter minor issues, mostly dirt on hands and sub dials, some of these flaws weren't noticed when I approved the QC pics.

Other issues that I pointed out got addressed by the TD's.

Initially I expected that that all my purchases will be in 100% perfect condition but in reality

these are a few hundred dollar watch replicas of 10thousand dollar and up Gen watches, so I guess minor issues are unavoidable.

I started enjoying the Rep watches I purchased even more when I found a local wostep certified watchmaker that agreed to service them.

IMO its really a hassle to send it back to china for minor issues and most replica movements need servicing anyway so why not just get it serviced locally? the wait won't be as long and youre actually upgrading the watch, and not just getting a direct replacement of the same one from the factory. ;)

• Like 1

1. On your first QC pic I clearly see the same error at the seconds hand. It's clearly noticeable.

2. The request for a XS strap has been asked often before and each time members get referred to an AD. There is no rep XS strap!

Imo, get it fixed locally. It will save time and a lot of hassle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fair enough. But I felt that such obvious defect in my case shouldn't even be questionable for an outright rejection. Now I'm trying to find a watch smith who's able to help adjust the second hand needle and that contains a very high chance of it breaking. Top of that, it's not easy to find someone with the right tools who's able to melt an additional hole on the strap for me.

I'm planning to purchase a HBB but I'm not sure about it until I'm able to rectify the current issue. I'm hoping that PureTime can send me a new watch instead of me going thru the whole hassle of sending my current one back to china and waiting for them to source out for another piece.

Haven't heard from them so far and I'm counting what are my options after dropping a big chunk of my savings on this diver.

Unfortunately these are minor things that we have to deal with when purchasing REPS.

I'm pretty new here but already made 3 purchases from different TD's. all Hublots above the 400 dollar mark.

I did encounter minor issues, mostly dirt on hands and sub dials, some of these flaws weren't noticed when I approved the QC pics.

Other issues that I pointed out got addressed by the TD's.

Initially I expected that that all my purchases will be in 100% perfect condition but in reality

these are a few hundred dollar watch replicas of 10thousand dollar and up Gen watches, so I guess minor issues are unavoidable.

I started enjoying the Rep watches I purchased even more when I found a local wostep certified watchmaker that agreed to service them.

IMO its really a hassle to send it back to china for minor issues and most replica movements need servicing anyway so why not just get it serviced locally? the wait won't be as long and youre actually upgrading the watch, and not just getting a direct replacement of the same one from the factory. ;)

1. On your first QC pic I clearly see the same error at the seconds hand. It's clearly noticeable.2. The request for a XS strap has been asked often before and each time members get referred to an AD. There is no rep XS strap!Imo, get it fixed locally. It will save time and a lot of hassle.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1. How is the first QC pic noticeable and obvious? When I can hardly even make out if the end needle is present given that it was passing by the lume?

2. But I was told from the dealer that a short strap is available so I'm quite perplex on what exactly they mean? Had they rep the XS strap?

1. How is the first QC pic noticeable and obvious? When I can hardly even make out if the end needle is present given that it was passing by the lume?

2. But I was told from the dealer that a short strap is available so I'm quite perplex on what exactly they mean? Had they rep the XS strap?

1. I had a look on my iPad, I put the brightness at the lowest point and zoom in. Then you can notice that it's not straight vs. the hour marker

2. which dealer? they never had an XS strap...

1. I had a look on my iPad, I put the brightness at the lowest point and zoom in. Then you can notice that it's not straight vs. the hour marker

2. which dealer? they never had an XS strap...

Got it from pure time and via email, they said they will provide with a short strap.

I think it's not easy to spot the crookedness of the second hand needle unless you hold it in real life. Sometimes, self discretion is necessary at times. You don't simply prescribe a wrong dose of medication just because a patient ask for it right?

you can buy a leather hole puncher on Amazon for under $5.  Easier than looking for a new strap.  It is a good thing to own anyhow, as then all of your belts will fit perfectly.

unfortunately it's a rubber strap for this one and the hole is not circular but kinda rectangular in nature. been phoning a few shops and none of them have got the tools to do that.

Sure I read somewhere someone done it with the tip of a screwdriver that had been heated up.

then again, i gotta get the second hand needle fixed. apparently no one has responded and some of the watch smiths i've contacted in singapore seem incompetent for this role