When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bought a tag heuer replica from fellow member customs problem ?

Guest allforfun

Guest allforfun

All I know is what's in front of me an invoice from aramex the company you sent the parcel with on the day you posted the parcel stating Tag Hever watch I shall upload it for all to see as you clearly don't believe me even though I've emailed it to you !

So what would the majority here do since I have never had an issue like this. As stated aramex opened the package and filled out the form not myself as I have posted what I filled in. And buyer is insistent I put in tag heuer electronically which is probably the most idiotic thing to do with this hobby.

Clearly there's proof aramex opened the package and it seems like an agent stole the watch. Not customs but aramex.

Buyer has given me an ultimatum til tomorrow morning uk time to issue him a full refund so that means I'm out the watch (238 plus shipping from the twins) plus what I paid to ship it to the uk.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated

Regards

• Like 1

First of all! Stop the childish behavior and try to solve this via PMs and/or emails! If no agreement will be made contact a mod to solve the issue!

Secondly! If the watch were stolen in transit, and you insured the parcel i would refund the buyer and then try to get the money back from the shipping company! The package contained a Tag heuer...right?

Guest allforfun

the watch was stolen, taken or held by customs for one reason ! becuase it said TAG on the paperwork and on the online tracking end of now please refund me, ive tried talking to you through emails but you want me to talk through the forum look at the end of the day i dont know whos fault it is yours or the shipping companys but its not mine i know you risk watches getting taken which is part and parcel of the game were in, we collect watches and sometimes s**t happens but when its clearly written on the packet whats inside then what else is to be expected? i mean it says whats inside the package and thats not my fault so please refund me.  

Sort it out via emails or PM.

There is no point in anyone telling you what to do from this point as neither one of you believes the other, so you're not going to believe anyone else.

The sellers posted something that shows it marked as a gift and has provided a plausible excuse as to why the courier opened it to complete the customs forms, with 'gift' not being acceptable.

The buyer has posted something showing the goods being described as a gen tag watch, and says the package is empty on receipt.

No one can prove anything as forms can be forged extremely easily and there's no video of the box being opened (or packed come to that)

Chalk it up to fate and split the cost 50/50.

That's what I'd try to do.

Richard

Guest allforfun

The box inside said opened by customs I've sent pictures to the seller showing this so the box was opened 100% this I assume is when watch was taken.

Customs would still say if they had confiscated it.maybe you should contact them to confirm.I can't see them sending you an empty box with no explanation .I feel for you mate but I would contact customs to put my mind at ease.when I send stuff I put watch for repair or repaired watch on the customs dec.they xray it so no point saying it's not a watch .got this tip of a us seller after I got caught out once and have had no prob since.I hope you guys can sought this out

Guest allforfun

Yeah that would be fair normally, but with the contents written on the box as to what is inside? I don't think that's fair to me ? If it is as the seller says down to the shipping company then they should compensate him, but that's between them and him not me, I still find it hard to believe that the shipping company done this, and same day as it was posted not just same day within a few hours of it being sent? This is hard to believe.

Guest allforfun

i already proposed that solution

Maybe you have I'm not at my computer at the moment I'm in bed on my iPad, so will check tomorrow I'd still like all my money back though this is through no fault of mine.

If the buyer paid extra to have it sent insured then yes, the seller can claim the cost back (maybe, how do you claim money back when selling illegal goods?)

Trying to sue the courier because someone there did as they were supposed to and opened the package to see what was inside to complete the required forms? Not. A. Chance. Never, ever going to happen.

Accept the 50/50. If you don't I suspect you'll get nothing.

There isn't any need to see it in an email, you've seen it here. And replied quoting it.

Richard

Well I submitted a request for a missing item at Aramex (canadian office supposedly has very few people and even fewer "inspectors") so I guess we'll see what happens.  

I cannot claim anything back as it was at the buyer's request I mark down the package to value of 20 CAD which does not even cover the shipping charges.  

Sorry for involving everyone but as seen in the thread many parts were left out which are vital to have a fair view of the entire ordeal. 

Thanks

Just thought I'd catch up on this thread hoping all was well for the both of you, after the last couple pages reading it seems it's not   :huh:  I feel for both of you but I don't think airing this in public is a good way to deal with it guys, can you not sort this out via pm? Judging from the posts I'd say a 50/50 split is fair to both parties, but it's not my money it's yours, hope you can both get this sorted.  

I think the public airing is helpful to all.  Shows what not to do and what can happen even when you try to do it the 'right' way (whatever that is).  I understand the frustration of the buyer and I believe the seller.  I don't see what the problem is with having this out in the open.  The seller needed to see what the hive thought.  And now they both know.  I would never use that shipper again, that's for sure.

Guest allforfun

I agree if It is the shipper that has done this then I would avoid anyone using them if they wright the contents on the package, I'm waitkn for seller to contact me as he has not answered any of my emails today as yet.

This is a real fobar, since there are so many conflicting statements and accusations. No one can say for sure where the watch got taken, but I would expect that if it were taken by UK customs, they would have contacted  the recipient  or at the least left a note inside the box stating that they found the contents to be contraband and they were seized and destroyed. I would suspect that somewhere along the line the shipping company or someone who had contact with the package slipped it open and removed the watch. That typed up invoice looks unusual, most folks don't have the capacity to generate a form like that with typed or printed information like that invoice shown. Looks more like and invoice generated by the shipping company. I have a FedEx account, and I have preprinted shipping invoices, but I still have to fill in the information recipients name, address, contents, etc. manually. So that's strange.  

Another thing, and this is certainly in retrospect as the horse here has long since left the barn, but in the USA, the customs form instructions are pretty clear. They require that you describe the contents specifically, not  something as broad as "Gift". If you are sending your family or friends overseas clothing, they want to see 4 t-shirts, 3 dresses, 4 pants for child, not children's clothing. I have shipped a lot of watches, both domestic and overseas, I always write something like horologic device, and if it's a rep going overseas, I usually write something like broken timepiece for parts, or broken timepiece for repair and return to sender. Never watch. If you are specific, customs may not open the package if it's a low valued broken parts watch, conversely, "Gift" and a watch showing up on X-ray will piqué their interest. Of course they might have opened the box when it passed thru the scanner, showed Tag Huver watch, and nothing was in the package, just to see if anything was concealed inside. 

I agree with most here, a 50/50 split, both of you learn from your mistakes, and move on.