When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Verification on these Crown / Tubes

pam007

702s, they look ok to me, but you have to check the threads, etc.

This is correct for a 1680 and is what my gen 1680 from 1978 came with.

I'm not aware of anyone repping the crown and there are a few rep tubes around, but those you have look gen to me

The crown emblem on the crown on the left looks a little taller than the emblem on the right crown, but it could be the angle of the pic.

"I'm not aware of anyone repping the crown and there are a few rep tubes around, but those you have look gen to me."

They look good to me too. I say this because I have not seen a replica crown with a crimped cap skirt. All the replicas I have seen had a one piece cap or a steel cap pressed over a base metal frame, but not crimped like genuine.

I have been wrong before though.

The VRF stuff is a bit expensive, but $100 for a crown would be fair, $150 for the tube if you could get it- so that's $250 and the second seller wants 240 euros which is just over $300 usd.

Ebay is the place to look, here's one from jewelerstools- he thinks it's a 700 crown but i's a 702- those guys are always mislabeling parts

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolex-5512-5513-1665-Double-Sea-Dweller-24-13-Watch-Crown-Part-24-700-0-/330922904398?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d0c8acb4e

The 700 crown doesn't have three dots under the crown emblem

Patience is the key to getting a crown for a fair price, or offer jewelerstools $75 and see if they take it- you never know!