When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

noob pulled trigger on link chrono calibre

xsxces

Just pull the trigger on this one and both excited and nervous about my first watch.

260 plus shipping from Josh.

below are qc pics of which i requested to have the hour markers readjusted.  will post more pics when i get it.

post-54909-0-22400100-1370493373_thumb.j

post-54909-0-86138300-1370493373_thumb.j

post-54909-0-44562700-1370493374_thumb.j

post-54909-0-06176600-1370493375_thumb.j

post-54909-0-72480200-1370493375_thumb.j

Has this got the Asian 7750 movement in? If so make sure you are aware of the date setting procedure on this movement.

Nice one, I have one of the old SEL that came before the link, lovely watches.

Enjoy and come back with a wrist shot!

Has this got the Asian 7750 movement in? If so make sure you are aware of the date setting procedure on this movement.

Nice one, I have one of the old SEL that came before the link, lovely watches.

Enjoy and come back with a wrist shot!

yes, it has the asian 7750.

can you tell me how to set the date? good thing you mentioned. i had no idea the procedure was different.

Asian 7750 – OLD version 

Recommend with the understanding that it may need to be serviced sooner rather than later.

Well this one has been hashed out here to death. Short version, it may run fine for you out of the box, but experience has shown that most are dirty, not oiled, or adjusted correctly. Parts are not easy to source, some OEM parts fit, some don't. Unless you have some spare movements sitting around, your out of luck for some pieces…

Same cautions as the ETA model for time setting etc…

The cannon pinion (clutch between movement and crown that allows you to set the time) is CRAP on these models. Everyone is loose, and not oiled. I tighten them all up on my jewel press as part of servicing, and also lubricate them. BUT you should only change the time if ABSOULETLY required, and then only as little as possible on these models…otherwise the cannon pin will fail, and no spares are available… A slipping cannon pinion is when the movement works fine, the seconds are running, but the watch “appears” to loose time, what is happening is that the movement is running, but the hands are not moving or slipping due to the cannon pinion slippage…

21,600 BPH

Asian 7750 – NEW version

Highly recommended. 

Only fault so far is that none of these are oiled as delivered, or oiled not well. The flaws on the old version have been corrected and the movement is very good.

Some parts from ETA are compatible, some aren’t…

Cannon pin on these is FAR Superior than the old model, better made, better quality, and tight…so no need to fix it. It’s not lubricated as delivered, so if your movement is NOT serviced, then adjusting the time is metal on metal wear and will fail eventually…do so as little as possible…

Same cautions as the ETA model for time setting etc…

28,800 BPH

All I could find at short notice for you   :)

Oh and this too 

DO NOT set the date between 8 PM and 2 AM, or you will damage the movement. The dateset on the 7750 is not instant, it’s takes place between – you guessed it 8PM and 2 AM.

wow, a lot of good info.

never owned an automatic....and wont' be wearing this every day. so that being said...

1. how do i know whether the time is between 8pm to 2am (or 3) or 8 AM and 2 PM without actually changing the date?

2. so as not to change the date/time frequently, would a winder be recommended? i guess my quesetion is whether on a rep, does the auto actually last to warrant a winder?

i'm a complete newbie here so....i would have basically just got it, wore it, constantly changed the date and then finally broke it and toss it.

this is really good to know.

before you set the date set the time, I always do this first. go through the time until the date change happens and then you know you are in am, then move ahead past 2am, just shoot for 6 oclock. If the current time isn't between 8pm and 2am then just set the time, then go back and set the date. I have a couple of watches with this movement, neither has been serviced (can't find someone to do it) and they are both working perfectly. one, a Carrera Day Date has been in steady rotation for 3 years now.

I don't have winders, my watches often sit for months until I tag them in for a couple weeks of rotation. sometimes I will just put the watch on and start wearing it, after a coupe of hours I will set the watch and it will just wind itself with daily wear.

• Like 1