When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone interested in getting an Aqua terra repped.

cougar1

DSCN0251_zps4b4285bd.jpg

Too bad about the AR. It's funny that the SMP version has a great crystal with AR.

The mov'ts are problematic. They all lie (except Marvellous Replica) saying they are Swiss 2824-2. The base plate says 2836!

Some of look like they were partially erased. MR is the only guy to state the mov't are 'reclaimed' There tend to be problems with the keyless works and

the crowns strip very easily. The good news- when they're working, they work well. Mine keeps good time and has a nice PR

Both Josh and Andrew corrected this on 18th, it now says ETA 2836-2.

But I still don't know what difference that makes, to me refurbished 2824-2 is the same as refurbished 2836-2.

I was also looking at the SMP, it is now the only remaining rep that I want. And the upcoming Skyfall Aqua Terra from Angus. And maybe Noob LMLE.

But I don't like these 007 versions, especially the dials. Both Skyfall PO and SMP 50th have really unattractive dials.

And these SMP's aren't as popular as PO's. And I heard that there are a lot of QC problems.

Thanks for the pics Grim, they are great. I have to say from initial look at the first ones (I'll go through em all later :)) it does look pretty good, better than expected even, nice case, dial decent, even the dw not so bad. In fact if not mistaken it looks like it could have inner AR?? Not sure though, will have a look through them, thanks for uploading.

Agree with you cougar1. Initial pics were really bad compared to what grimreaper posted. I am pretty amazed by the real thing. While AR coating is missing or is rather inferior, overall build quality is a little surprise for me. Dial quality and dial printing looks amazing. Side shots show how really good the dial printing is and i like those brushed indices as well (at least from the pics they look like brushed). Bracelet looks fine as well as clasp and etchings and omega logo on it. It is not that bad after all. On the other hand having it serviced may help a lot. Thanks for taking the time and postin these pics grimreaper :)

Personaly i will wait a while to see what angus and his team will bring. If they will release just 38,5 mm AT, maybe i will consider it, but will rather buy the Golf AT and suit it with gen black leather strap. Slight mods like AR coating will bring it to whole new level. But it is shame what happened to AR coating. Without it the more reasonable price would be anything ranged 238 - 278 USD.

Blue hands are so beautiful that I decided to take 100 pictures of the dial. Here are 30 of best ones.

I helped myself with white light from my 27" monitor, and I also tried using flash.

You can now clearly see the imperfections, there are a lot of small dents in the grooves. But these are not all visible when you look at the wrist from a normal distance.

The black spot at minute 4 bothers me the most. And the dents at 2.5, 18 and 22 minutes. But I usually don't have the time to look at the watch for that long, and looking at it from close distance makes you weird, so I will see how it bothers me on the wrist.

img7344.jpg img7346.jpg img7357.jpg img7360.jpg img7362.jpg
img7373.jpg img7375.jpg img7379.jpg img7388.jpg img7392.jpg
img7398.jpg img7399.jpg img7402.jpg img7403.jpg img7405.jpg
img7407.jpg img7419.jpg img7421.jpg img7422.jpg img7424.jpg
img7425.jpg img7426.jpg img7428.jpg img7429.jpg img7431.jpg
img7432.jpg img7433.jpg img7436.jpg img7437.jpg img7439.jpg
Edited by GrimReaper85

I compared it again to pictures of gen (no high res ones available), and the gen is not any better looking.

Buy a nice Swiss movement for $200 and replace this shitty movement, and you are set.

Maybe even ST2130 for $100, why don't rep factories use these?

But I think i will just use mine until it breaks. If nothing else, it is vey accurate, +2s per day. But it must be desperate for a service, judging by noise, there is not much lubrication.

Edited by GrimReaper85

This IS looking good indeed.

Waiting for mine now, and the current movement is getting scrapped, since (Being the lucky B*stard I am...) have got my hands on a brand new Co-Axial 8500 gen movement, which is going inside this baby!
A new crystal with a good AR, and it's almost perfect!

CAN'T WAIT!  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:

I haven't asked for AR, it doesn't bother me.

But the caseback is already on the way from China.

And I have a strong feeling all watches will come with somehow scratched caseback and lugs.

Yes, it is not seen when on the wrist, but it is so nicely polished, it is a shame that they scratch it when screwing it back.

I now opened the watch to see what is causing the rattling noise.

Meanwhile I also cleaned the inside of caseback glass. I too had some problems when I already closed the back and I noticed a piece of fiber, so I can understand why rep factories don't bother with cleaning.

But at least the inside of the watch was clean.

I then quickly found out that the rotor is making the noise. It is too loose, it moves up and down way too much. I tried to screw it a little more, but still the same.

I then also opened an ST6 watch with the same problem and the screw couldn't be screwed more.

So I don't know what to do, except to install a better movement.

This is how it rattles:

Edited by GrimReaper85

Josh has some new AT models out, all rose gold:

But what is more interesting, blue Titanium 42mm PO finally came out:
Edited by GrimReaper85

I think a few folks posted that Pefect and Trusty have versions... Have not seen a nice ETA version of this:

http://m.omegawatches.com/index.html?section=watch&cuid=2&suid=2694&gender=gents&wuid=3328&lang=en&guid=ON

That is the one!  I'd be willing to pay a premium for a solid execution of the GMT in ETA on this one!

JC

Edited by jamler

I was wearing the Captain's white and blue today.

Altough I noticed quite a few flaws when I got the watch:

1. Movement has a loose rattling rotor. I tried to screw it more, but the problem is still here.

2. Turning the crown when setting time is rough.
The movement has problems that are not found even on cheapest movements like the DG2813 and ST6.
In the future, I will try to avoid "Swiss" movements from BP factory.
3. There are some tiny dents in the grooves of the dial, probably from machining. There are 11 altogether on mine, also two black spots, altough only 3 dents and 1 black spot are visible from normal distance.
So the dial is not as clean as it could be. And what is even more sad, even the Silix $35 one has a clean dial.
4. There is no AR whatsoever, like on CrPO 45mm.
5. Clasp is somewhat angled at the joints.
When clasp is opened and I put both sides of bracelet together, they are about 1mm apart. But when the clasp is closed, they come together just fine. So no big deal here.
6. Date wheel font is not bold enough, but it is bolder on 1-9 like on gen.
7. Caseback is badly scratched from jaxa wrench, new one is already on the way from China.
Also there were two specks of dust on my caseback glass, one quite large, probably skin. Cleaned that already.
8. ADJUSTE DTO FIYE misspelling if you remove the caseback, or if you look at an extreme angle.
9. Crown was very dirty in the notches, had to use rodico to clean it.

None was actually noticable when on the wrist.
Movement doesn't rattle when you don't intentially shake the watch, and it is only +0,8s after 10 hours. Altough it is too bad they don't offer better (new) movements. This one probably just needs a minor service.

But what I must say, the watch feels very genlike on the wrist. So much that it made me want to buy a gen in a 1-2 year time.
I think the bracelet is at least 90% of the gen. It is incredibly comfortable, probably the most comfortable bracelet, yes, even the Rolex GlideLock can't compare.
There is some minor problem with the clasp, as I said above, but when closed and on the wrist you don't notice that flaw.

Then the dial, I must say again it is at least 80% of the gen. There are some minor QC problems, as said above, but they are not noticable from normal distance.

What makes this watch are the hands and the markers. Blue hands are really nice under light, they go from dark blue to a really nice light blue color.
And I noticed a green and a purple hue in the markers, really nice.

I still don't know which one I would choose for a gen, Captain's or Skyfall. I will probably buy the Skyfall rep in the meantime.
I must say again, this really is one of the most beautiful and comfortable watches.
Edited by GrimReaper85
  • Like 1

I must say again, this really is one of the most beautiful and comfortable watches.

Now you know why I have 2 ATs (old version) in my collection and I can t wait to get a third one. :)

Thank you for the feedback, I have to say the watch looks gorgeous in pics with few minor flaws (DW and no AR).

If it was around 250usd I would buy it in a flash and get the crystal coated straightaway (Grim, do it! it's well worth the money and the wait!!)