When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone interested in getting an Aqua terra repped.

cougar1

I might be cheap but I still think that > 300 $ plus shipping is quite expensive, considering that movements alomst need service and the absolute lack of quality control.

Interested in seeing the feedback also. Agree on the price, too expensive, seems $328 is the new $228 :) ...for a watch again with very basic design, no bezel even, it's pushing it... could've been $250-ish.

Would rather they released most of these new watches with a2824 than the eta lucky dip we currently get.

Grim if you get QC put them up if you can.

I will tell if it is worth $328, actually $408 with shipping ($55), and I didn't have a choice but to be sent via UK (another $25). Altough our customs doesn't care about reps, you just give them eBay link to some (similar) watch.

But in euro it is still only 300€. If you are looking at gens, you will have a hard time getting one for this price, only G. Gerlach m/s Batory comes to mind when you look at watches with blue hands, Citizen Signature Grand Classic is double the price.

And I will also buy Citizen Signature Grand Classic NB0040-58A with white dial and blue hands, if someone wants a comparison.

EDIT: I already got a FedEx tracking number, but no QC.

Their speed really is second to none.

10:08 - ordered

10:18 - got payment instructions

10:31 - I made the payment

10:34 - he answered he will proceed

17:23 - got FedEx tracking number

I also asked them now if I was the first to order this watch.

Edited by GrimReaper85

Here is a comparison to the gen:

captains-watch-dial.png

captains-watch-caseback.png

Dial and caseback lettering look ok. That ADJUSTE DTO FIYE is not visible when the caseback is on, so no big problem here.

EDIT:

I knew I saw this before, Planet Oceans have the same mistake:

http://www.p-cls.com/omcpo42007-skyfall-pocean-ceramic-ssss-black-p-14486.html

http://www.p-cls.com/omcpo42101-pocean-ceramic-ssss-black-swiss-2824-p-13310.html

Edited by GrimReaper85

Grim if you get QC put them up if you can.

I would rather not. But I will send them through PM to whoever wants them. First to you.

Let me explain. I opened Gmail now. And what a shock when I read the first sentence in bold red saying Please do not post these pics at the forums.

At first I thought I have already done something bad, because I already posted some pictures from his site. And I was all sweaty for a few seconds. That's the impact bold red letters give, same as somebody would shout at you real loud in RL.

• Like 1

I know you cant see it but I had mistakes like the 'adjuste dto five' stupid details like that bug me. It's kind of like buying a nice watch that looks great, then opening it up and seeing a plastic movement ring :( instantly puts me off.

Apart from that though it looks cracking!

I already confirmed now, so no harm to post QC.

On 3rd picture I noticed a speck of dust, but looking at 4th and 5th it is clearly above the glass.

I still can't see if they got the hands right.

But the bracelet looks very nice, doesn't seem to be any worse than gen, every edge is nicely radiused. Also the two push buttons, which I had to to myself on the one from Hont (only Swiss movement and sapphire glass are good on that one).

I also noticed the number on clasp is not right, it should be 1587/986, but it is 1587/693. Same is on PC and TT website.

37.jpg 38.jpg

39.jpg 40.jpg

41.jpg 42.jpg

43.jpg
Edited by GrimReaper85

What is it with the datewheel, I don't get it, you are the second one to comment on that.

I get it if it is misaligned, but even my gens have that problem. Don't see a problem here, maybe a little to the left.

Another thing I noticed is that there is no space between lugs and end links, which is nice.

Edited by GrimReaper85

Thanks for the QC pics Grim. We can only really comment on how it looks overall as we don't have any other reps of this to compare it to. It looks good, but the Dw is very off, not sure why but definitely not bold enough and not sure if too big font/too left.

Also what concerns me on all these reps from BP is attention to detail on the face/dial etc. Lume overspill etc, even though it may be slight needs to be as minimal as possible for any of these to look good as a lot of the detail is in the dial, brushed white gold indices etc, if they lose this stuff or don't pay attention then the reps will never look right. The rep does look good, hopefully you can give us a few more shots when you receive. QC pics from PC are so dull and drab it really is hard to see anything. Looks very nice in first pic where it is placed  on the shipping form :)

I still cannot understand why they went out and bought the gen of this Ryder Cup LE for to replicate, I have a much better idea of the blue or grey models which are the most popular.