When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Andrew @ TrustyTime

peanut

I just wanted Give a brief review of my expereince with Andrew @ TrustyTime.  First, I've been a member for quite a while, but not very active and I am not an avid collector, nor an expert. I tend to buy a watch and wear it for a while, but I've not worn a watch for quite some time. The nature of my job changed recently and I decided to start wearing a watch again. So, I started to look around and saw that Andrew was fairly reputable. I looked on his website and saw what I wanted and contacted him about it. I'll have to say things have changed since the old days. His process was so professional - Fast communication, email updates, QC pictures to approve order and even tracking worked (kind of - but way better than before) and I am blown away by the quality of the watch and I am extreamly pleased with the watch and ordering process, I may get another. Here's some pictures

post-1329-0-48965900-1371854597_thumb.jp

post-1329-0-09963200-1371854627_thumb.jp

post-1329-0-16324900-1371854647_thumb.jp

post-1329-0-27390100-1371854662_thumb.jp

post-1329-0-16373400-1371854679_thumb.jp

Congrats :)  I noticed your 12 Indice/triangle is slightly off, and this is quite common with Rolex reps from Andrews supplier.  Easy enough fix though if you are confident in doing it yourself, or getting someone else to correct it for you.

Remove movement, then hands, then dial, and then on the rear of the dial you will find two (in this case of the triangle indice) small vertical holes, in these holes are the short feet of the indice.  You would need to push these out, and in doing so, breaking the seal/glue used to hold it in place.

Then, you would need to broach the lower of the two holes slightly to the one side (the side to correct the lower part of the point of triangle).

Finally, remove any traces of old glue, clean everything up, ensuring all the time not to damage the dial, refit, add some appropriate glue to reseal the triangle feet to the holes/rear of dial.  Allow to cure for a few hours, then refit dial to movement, refit hands, refit everything back in the case, but before doing so, ensure inner case and crystal are dust and dirt free, then re-grease back case o-ring, refit, and your done.

Note: Before removing the hands as mentioned above, be sure to set the hands at midnight, so then you know the time when refitting the hands.  Obviously remove hands in hacking position.

Edited by SSTEEL
  • Like 1

Woohooo....that

...First, I've been a member for quite a while, but not very active...

sounds quite optimistic....5 posts in 7 years...I would say this is definitely worth an award...but which one :g:

Btw...congrats to you purchase...I kinda like it even though it's a modern Rolex :)