When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

waterproof replicas

sjmattz

Well Reps are not known for their waterproofing, there are some models Rolex, Breitling that are OK. As far as Pam's never heard of one ,others may know. You can always send out to get water proofed by a modder but I never heard of them doing Pam's but I guess it could be done.

i am interested in getting a replica pam024, but it has to be waterproof. im a swimmer and surfer so it does not need to be 100m, but i am in the water everyday and i never take my watch off. any suggestions?

If you buy a quality replica of a waterproof watch, it should have the ability to be waterproof. The problem is that Chinese factory QC is so bad that entire gaskets might be missing from your watch. Have any dive watch you purchase tested for water resistance. That is the only way to know. No one can predict if the specific watch you receive in the mail will be assembled properly.

Well Reps are not known for their waterproofing, there are some models Rolex, Breitling that are OK. As far as Pam's never heard of one ,others may know. You can always send out to get water proofed by a modder but I never heard of them doing Pam's but I guess it could be done.

the first one i had lasted long enough for me not to remember what site i got it from.  i beleive a gasket must have failed because i noticed a bit of condensation.  then it stopped. -sucks

If you buy a quality replica of a waterproof watch, it should have the ability to be waterproof. The problem is that Chinese factory QC is so bad that entire gaskets might be missing from your watch. Have any dive watch you purchase tested for water resistance. That is the only way to know. No one can predict if the specific watch you receive in the mail will be assembled properly.

having trouble finding a quality pan rep. any suggestions? wont they the abiltiy to waterproof? i guess i got lucky the first time. 

i saw your rolex and tag - rad modifications! who are highhoeyazmuhdee and zigmeister? i may need there services.

Highoeyazmuhdee is just getting rolling in the building scene. His current project is vintage silver date wheels appropriate for ETA movements.

Zigmeister is the opposite: he's a master watchmaker about to retire from the rep scene and no longer takes new clients.

If a good watchsmith could not get a snap crownguard style panerai rep to be waterproof, I would be very surprised. It's really just a matter of using proper gaskets.

Ive havent had many problems with reps and water resistance. I just tested a AP diver to 9atm with no mods and passed with no problems. 

Ive havent had many problems with reps and water resistance. I just tested a AP diver to 9atm with no mods and passed with no problems. 

whoa... back up. md2020, your profile says 'watch maker' 'other mods' and 100% postive feedback. i gotta find me a new watch.  (honestly, i didn't realize fixed and tricked out reps {im new and learning})

I only have one data point.

A rep submariner that I got from josh, I went snorkeling with it in Thailand.. and it was fine

if it has to work then you should get it waste proofed by one of the watch smiths on this board

thanks ricardo! i spend a lot of time in the water.  i'm going to look into watch smiths hopefully in so cal.  who is josh??

having trouble finding a quality pan rep. any suggestions? wont they the abiltiy to waterproof? i guess i got lucky the first time. 

i saw your rolex and tag - rad modifications! who are highhoeyazmuhdee and zigmeister? i may need there services.

just searched members for Highoeyazmuhdee - no results found.  proper gaskets sounds easy.  i'm all thumbs.

going to need a watchmaker or watchsmith perferably in southern california

going to need a watchmaker or watchsmith perferably in southern california

MD is in Chicago, which is only as far away as your local post office....

Good guy, good service, good prices, finding someone local would be possible but for me that would involve probably a 1-2 hour drive and with price of gas mailing is much cheaper option for me.

• Like 1

Lol yea im in Chicago but used to live in Florida so i know what you mean when you say you live in water. i was always at the beach or in a pool. 

New gaskets and a pressure test and your good to go. The only problem with reps and water resistance is the vintage pieces. Sometimes there not put together well and its hard to keep them waterproof.

Referring to my 1680? Haha, it seems to be waterproofed again.

What happened was the crown wasn't down all the way the first time I think, then when I dried it out the o-ring on the caseback wasn't seated correctly. Now things appear ok!

• Like 1

Sorry but what a load of bs, you would not take a gen Pam in water because it does not have a screw down crown?????

What purpose do you think the crown guard does?

Once you find that out you may also realize that it's function is better than a screw down crown.

To the OP my Pam 089 is water resistant, and if you search back in my posts there has been great success with water resistant reps but you have to get them tested and checked, but you should do that with a gen as well every two years if you are going to dive in it