When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5513 Yuki Case + 1520 movement + Gen dial

danielv2000

In addition to my double red 1665, I also picked up this beautiful 5513 based on a Yuki case, gen insert, crown, gen 1520 movement and what appears to be a genuine dial with a single underline in silver and the "swiss" in silver.  It's not the best re-lume but the dial is stunning and all the writing on it, although crisp, almost vanishes from the dial at certain angles.  There are some age spots on the dial which only add character to this one.  I was never a fan of the 5513.  Honestly, if it wasn't for the dial, I would have passed on it.  Love it.  Just need a bracelet for this one.

Take a look!

6kgb.jpg

n858.jpg

Notice the crown, no lines, no dots...

8hni.jpg

Killer build! Absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you sir! I will always have a soft spot for your Comex, though!

Wow nice, but that lume just kill it for me. Need to get that relumed asap. if it is a gen underlined dial its a expensive dial. Im thinking it was done afterwards to add the "rare" factor to it. Either way it looks great.

I will wear as is for a little while. The macro shots obiously highlight everything, on the wrist, it's amazing.

Do you know if the dial is 100% gen? If it is this is one hell of a build.

It was sold to me as gen. I spent hours on TRF and VRF researching before I pulled the trigger. I found many examples of gens. The key is the underline and Swiss in silver against the gilt dial. The age spots on thr dial look too authentic to be faked. Also, the no dots/no underline match perfectly. The serial number also matches this range.

http://rolex.watchprosite.com/show-nblog.post/ti-829288/

I'd leave that dial just the way it is! Being that it's a 50 year old dial, there's no point in worrying about the lume. Just leave it the way it is.

That's my thinking right now. I found a thread on TRF where a similar dial had been relumed. I guess in a 50 year span, these things happen!

very nice 5513!!

How good is Yuki 5513 case? Is the rehaut wokky?

I spent hours comparing side by side pics of mine with with gens on VFR/TRF and it looks spot-on.

My case is a PCG which matches the dial and is period correct for the serial number.

I think it's a keeper.

Dial is gen with the lacquer and lume redone. The swiss print and underline was also reprinted due to the laquer being redone but this is truly a white swiss dial as the rolex print and track was not redone. The coronet is the key here to tell. A lot of time and effort was put into building that watch so enjoy it.

Also don't forget that has gen hands as well. ;)

Edit, and I won't touch the lume.

Dial is gen with the lacquer and lume redone. The swiss print and underline was also reprinted due to the laquer being redone but this is truly a white swiss dial as the rolex print and track was not redone. The coronet is the key here to tell. A lot of time and effort was put into building that watch so enjoy it.

Also don't forget that has gen hands as well. ;)

Edit, and I won't touch the lume.

Thanks for the clarification. I had concluded the minute hand was gen - was not sure about the rest.