When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Slightly misaligned DW on gen 1570

danielv2000

Is it out of whack with the window in the dial or magnifier on the crystal?

When the problem is centering the date up or down in the window...   

The date wheel jumper has a screw slot in it that can be adjusted to center the date up or down in the dial window by turning the index button with a screwdriver.

Being out of whack right or left in the dial window is usually a defective aftmkt dw or aftmkt dial. Sometimes the dial feet can be bent to one side and this shows by the hour wheel not being center in the hole in the dial.

You can look under the hour hand and see if the hour wheel is centered in the dial hole without taking anything apart.

Then make sure the dw is properly mounted under the jewel and discs on the calendar spacer and go from there.

Before you r/r the hands and dial, let it run a couple days and see if the date flips over Ok. Do not run the hands around to flip the date, just let it run. 

Oh, I thought you had a gen dial. The problem is that the date window is not cut the same size & in the same location as on the gen watch. So either the movement was meant for a different dial (where the date window was slightly shifted horizontally) or the date window was just cut wrong. Sorry.

Thanks guys. I have 2 identical dials (at least they appear to be) here

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/160431-a-tale-of-2-franken-1665-drsds/

Both fitted with gen 1570's. On one, the date is perfectly centered and on this one, well, it's not. I will attempt to overlay images of both dials to see if the date window is off on this one.

If it's the dial, it will make my decision on which to keep much easier. I have been wearing this one and the yellow is growing on me. I've found many images of gens with the same color. We'll see... It's about the datewheel now!