When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Did a little pressure testing last night...

ceejay

I swim almost everyday, pools, rivers, sea. I like to keep a check on my swim times so gave my recent aquisitions a test last night to make sure they are ok in the water.

Heres the 42mm Planet Ocean Ceramic, 10bar no probs :)

1gdk.jpg

I also done my BK Ceramic Sub...10bar ok

Tag Carrera Calibre 16 3bar ok. I was worried about the Tag as I have had it apart and couldn't find a o-ring in the crown, must be there somewhere though as 3 bar's ok.

Pleased with them results ;)

Cheers,

It belongs to the Horology club where I am doing my training. They have some nice bits there and have just received funding from a multi million pound benficiary fund to invest in new equipment.

So we are all getting new Bergeon bench vices, a new automatic cleaning machine amongst many other goodies :)

I hope to commence the formal Horology qualification in September, so the future looks bright ;)

Cheers.

• Like 1

Very nice mate.  For a minute there I thought that tester was your own.

He he...I wish!

Hey Ceejay ive been looking at the Elma equip (cleaning, testing ect) and wanted to know is it as nice as it looks? I like the cleaning machines that they offer. Ive been using a Temp400 for now but im thinking about selling it and getting something really nice. 

Martijnp you can get a cheaper pressure tester for under 200$ those dry tester (vacuum) testers are alot more expensive. I think that ones around 2k

Heh MD, I am a bit new to all this testing equipment to be giving out advice but I will say, it certainly feels and operates up there with quality equipment. It does negative & positive pressure tests, and has predefined tests and manual if required. Various die sizes to suit case backs and it's just a shut the door and off it goes. The door opens like a Sci-Fi movie scene when it's finished...Pshhhhhh....door opening :D

You have to bear in mind the price of the required compressor in addition to the machine ;)

Lovely stuff!