When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Movement Guidance

BlackFlash

Is there a definitive guide on each of the movements? There's tons of threads on A-7750, but there's no one place (that I can see yet) for other movements. 

I just bought  a Cartier de Calibre (Asian 2836) and a Ballon Bleu (Asian ETA 2824-2) from Toro and I want to make sure they run well and last a long well. I want to get money's worth and show off my great reps. 

If you've got some advice or can point me in the right direction (perhaps a thread I've missed) feel free to chime in. 

Thanks!

Flash

Many will not agree with me but if I had an Asian etaclone that runs Ok, I would let it go until it stops or runs erratically...no service ahead of time. If it only needs c/o when it acts up, I might do it because I can do the work myself for free. If it needs parts...it goes in the parts box.
I would not pay to have one serviced because imho they are simply not worth the $$ to c/o or repair because genuine swiss etas and swiss eta powered new and used watches are still plentiful and affordable on eBay etc.
When the Asian etaclones do go doa, replace them with a new or properly serviced swiss eta...or start over with a new watch.

Buying a new 'swiss eta' watch is a gamble because most are Asian etaclones no matter what the dealer says and if you do get a swiss eta, it may be a referb or needs service/parts. There are not many new swiss etas in replicas since swatch/eta cut the supply down and jacked the prices up.

http://www.chronometrie.com/eta2824/eta2824.html