When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

V.2 Sub C

jtiis

Thanks for starting this thread...Toro has mentioned the pending release - Im surprised there is no fanfare across the boards. Makes me wonder whats up with the version. I'm sure plenty here would be keen to hear your comments and see some real life pics once you receive the goodies....

Thanks for starting this thread...Toro has mentioned the pending release - Im surprised there is no fanfare across the boards.

I think it's because most people don't care for the new fat lugs Submariner. Gen or rep.

Including me. The rep is pretty good but the watch model itself doesn't do anything for me. The green Sub is dreadful.

• Like 1

To be hones i am a big fan of new ceramic sub. I was still thinking about one thing "should i get perfect TC LV sub with old style lugs which is more classy, more gen like, but i do not like it that much, or rather 116613 which looks great but them guys say there is problem with clasp and also gold ain't a good choice for wearing them on a daily basis and it has many flaws (off cert, CG, crown, clasp, hands...), or wait for 116610 from noob which can be just another "best to date" sub but not as attractive as 116613 but at least good for daily use...". I do really love fat lugs, ceramic insert and maxi dial but don't like LV. So i can buy TC's sub and mod it to 16610LN, or buy current 116613 (as SSTEEL's look pretty fine when you do not place it under magnifier glass) or this 116610 which came live today on PT. Looks pretty fine but i will rather wait for real shots. Perfect rehaut engraving looks fine as well the other things. When i come back next week from holiday, i think i will definitely go with these. The only best sub is and always will be made by Rolex. It is not worth waiting. It is all about enjoying this hobby till you are a complete broke with few nice watches :D Case looks fine, i will just place an order for TC's new DWO and wait for new batch of maxi dials. Stick markers still look to be a different shade. But overall it looks fine.

I just believe they really ruined the "submariner" as I know it with the new ceramic sub. They way it sits on the wrist to the fat lugs just throw the whole thing off. I've owned both gen and rep and was never satisfied. I throw on my 16610 and the watch almost disappears and doesn't dig into my wrist. Plus when i throw on a nato on a 16610 it looks awesome but throwing a NATO on the ceramic sub gives it a really awkward appearance. Just my opinion though.

• Like 1

I just believe they really ruined the "submariner" as I know it with the new ceramic sub. They way it sits on the wrist to the fat lugs just throw the whole thing off. I've owned both gen and rep and was never satisfied. I throw on my 16610 and the watch almost disappears and doesn't dig into my wrist. Plus when i throw on a nato on a 16610 it looks awesome but throwing a NATO on the ceramic sub gives it a really awkward appearance. Just my opinion though.

Ahh now I understand you! Never wore a sub now or old..but I am drawn to both.. Would like the TC but then the LN version. And then this v2 also.. But funds aren't there at the moment ;-) because I am going to buy a TC for my girlfriend first..

Nice. Do you notice a big difference in the look/shine between the gen and rep bezel? I've ways felt the gen "teeth" have a clearer shine or sparkle.

How lame are we... Discussing the marginal differences in shine for fake watches lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Nice. Do you notice a big difference in the look/shine between the gen and rep bezel? I've ways felt the gen "teeth" have a clearer shine or sparkle. How lame are we... Discussing the marginal differences in shine for fake watches lol Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

That's the game. We obsess over details the general public has no idea about. Lol

"I just believe they really ruined the "submariner" as I know it with the new ceramic sub."

+1

My favorite 'modern submariner' is the 16800 with printed markers although I am not a fan of the 3035 movement.

The 16610 with lug holes and stamped bracelet hoods is probably the 'modern classic' submariner. The no date 14060 never seemed to catch on until it went out of production.

My generation's classic submariners were the 5513 and 1680.