When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone heard from Torobravo

jtiis

About a week ago I sent WU payment to Toro Bravo.

Got a QC photo (actually two different sets were sent me about the same time) - and have sent various emails since then.

(To be honest my emails have been a flux - rejecting the watch for lume issues - them waffling back and forth in emails on the purchase (this on the v.2 Sub C))... but ... inspite of my lack of clarity and decisiveness which I "own" - I've not heard a thing back from any of the emails since the QC pics arrived.

I've not worked with this TD before, but the lack of communication is becoming troubling.

Someone said he was away on vacation - and I get that - but leaving (if this is the case) without communication mid-"deal" is not so cool.

Anyone else having trouble?

He's had a rash of problems lately...first his site got seized and it took a while to get that back up. Then his paypal account got cancelled and his website credit card payment page is not working well. He's a small TD compared to the others and is usually pretty good. I ordered three watches from him prior to the current problems and it was flawless. Seems he's just going through a rough time.

This is the potential trouble that can come from folk doing mindless PP claims...

TDs increasingly move to WU... we pay WU... TD becomes untrusted D... and buyers are left holding the bag.

I've got $300 with him now... Lets hope he stays on the path... Dry patches of communication and support don't lead to increased sales.

Fingers crossed...

This is the potential trouble that can come from folk doing mindless PP claims...

TDs increasingly move to WU... we pay WU... TD becomes untrusted D... and buyers are left holding the bag.

I've got $300 with him now... Lets hope he stays on the path... Dry patches of communication and support don't lead to increased sales.

Fingers crossed...

Good thing is mate he's been trusted for quite some time now, so likely to get you sorted out soon enough  ;)  I hate WU but it's the way the game is going and your quite right about the mindless PP claims, why would you send money and immediately the stuff is sent out try to bend the dealer over a barrel for a few $$ not good karma..................off to meditate now   :partytime: ummmmmmmm 

From other RwG guys   :g:

'Following a series of issues that some members may already be aware of, RWG staff have taken the decision to make Torobravo's section probationary while he addresses communications issues with both buyers and forum staff. This status change will remain until the problems we have been experiencing have been addressed.

We don't make this sort of decision lightly, but any dealer's place on our trusted list is dependent on their quality of service and willingness to work with us when things go wrong (as, with the best will in the world, they can for anyone). We hope that Toro's probationary status will be a short-lived matter, but in the meantime please be aware that there are issues and, if you choose to do business with Toro, be sure to leave feedback, as this will help us monitor the situation '

I did finally hear back from Torobravo today...says hell get me new QCs and finish up our sale. Will keep you up to date... Yes, want him to do well and for others to support him...but...people will only buy from him if they feel comfortable based on "good news"... There are options and people only buy based on word of mouth... So...hope he pulls it together.