When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

16700 GMT-Master project

grifter

This took over a year to complete. Most of the time was spent looking for parts and suprisingly the hardest part to find was a rep one, a BKTW bezel assembly.

Huge thanks go to someone I proudly call my friend, pbdad! He ranked this build as one of his top 5 hardest ones to complete. Mostly due to the gen dial and CHS movement and the dwo. His ingenuity and creativity along with his skills to mod made it work. He is the best of the best in my book.

Also thanks to sneed12 and BK for answering my emails and questions over this last year! You guys pioneered using explorer cases for gmt builds with gen construction.

I'll post more details of the build once I get her back but I'm pretty excited and wanted to share the pics pbdad sent me of the finished product.

E2FEC7BF-FAA4-4259-820A-EEE73DB1B509-318

BE46D524-AF64-4129-93C5-AF9C58446EE4-318

9C292C5E-DC00-4ED4-9884-B646076AC207-318

Thanks for looking!

• Like 1

- Gen construction Explorer II case sourced by Sead

- CHS swiss mov't &hands

- Gen 16700 dial

- BKTW bezel assembly

- Gen tube with rep crown (for now.. gen crown was busted.. anyone have a 6mm for sale?)

- Gen 16700 pepsi insert

- Riyi's Rolex branded jubilee bracelet

- MBW round 3 open 6&9 dwo

- Gen 25-295 c without the LEC

I think that's about it. :)

ballpark figure +-

watch case including mov't $300

BKTW bezel assembly $40

Gen dial $150

Gen tube and crown (crown was broken) $80

Gen insert $125

Gen Crystal $90

Riyi002 Jubilee bracelet $25

Plus pbdad's fees.

I think that's about it on this build. Lucked out on some parts, like the crystal from a member here on rwg and the insert which I lowballed a seller on VRM and he actually accepted. The dial is not perfect but pbdad cleaned it up really good and now I can only see one flaw at certain angles with the right amount of light. Just picked up 2 more 6mm crowns from VRM for $55 and waiting for them to arrive. One is for another build...

• Like 1