When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Think I am in Love...

ceocorona

I will let the pictures speak...

photo4_zps510442c8.jpg

photo3_zpsbb42ca48.jpg

photo2_zps813be022.jpg

PBdad did a fantastic job on the build.  I am still working on some details and will post a full build thread for anyone interested in building this franken.  I will say this... this build is not for the faint of heart. Haha.  

But seriously... I cannot stop wearing this GEM.   B)

Beautiful, That 's a great watch, and a really fine job of modding. Why don't you give us a brief synopsis of what you started with, what you did, and a ball park idea of the cost. 

I thought it was a gen when I saw the first photo!!

Beautiful, That 's a great watch, and a really fine job of modding. Why don't you give us a brief synopsis of what you started with, what you did, and a ball park idea of the cost. 

I thought it was a gen when I saw the first photo!!

the gold really pops on it! well done!  This is a Franken or a Gen?

Sorry I've been tied up with work. I wish this was a gen! Lol its just a franken rep unfortunately. I definitely want to post a proper build thread to help others who want to pursue this build. For now I'll share my parts list.

In short... a lot. This build is not for the faint of heart. Here is a overview of my build list.

TT GMT IIc Build List

Parts Required

X BP TT GMT IIc

X Gen 18k Gold Bezel

X Gen Ceramic Gold Insert

X Gen Bezel Assembly

X Rep Noob TT 18k Clasp

X Gen AR Crystal

X Gen 18k Gold Crown

X TC Tube (Gen tube was used in this build)

Labor Required

PBDad Superlume (match dial and hands)

PBDad Assembly

Movement Service

Plan, plan, plan... That's key to any great build. And don't forget to set a budget! It's so easy to get out of control and stop the build because you ran out of money or end up with build costs which approach the gen price. My rule is to never exceed 1/3 the cost of a gen on any build. Having that in mind helps me in the planning stages if I see a build get too expensive.. This build ran me about $3K, give or take a few hundred. Not cheap but neither is the actual gen at about $9K on average.

Overall very happy with the outcome. It's a work of art sitting in my glass watch box.

• 2 months later...

With that much into it... It will have to be a keeper. Beauty build though and labor of love. :)

A gen movement is a must for GMT IMHO.

You'd be surprise how much I have into it.  Not as much as many would think.  It'll be built for less then my original franken TT :).  I've nab some GREAT deals on these parts.  Many more pictures to follow!