When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

which watch?

umairarif

What have you looked at.... what specific sort of models are you thinking about... what styles?

I know you asked same sort of question in a sub forum... did you look at those suggestions...? What didnt you like about them?

and what have you come up with now you have had a chance to look around this place...

In that way we can be more helpful and specific...

If not try searching the countless other threads by new members that ask the same sort of thing expecting everything to be answered for them.....

;)

So what gen brands at 50mm have you found from your own research that you like ?

Maybe some have been repped....let us know and we can tell you?

So what gen brands at 50mm have you found from your own research that you like ?

Maybe some have been repped....let us know and we can tell you?

as i stated i have been using g-shocks which are 50mm and above. i m spending £200-£300 on a rep and g-socks gen are £500 top. I like superocean and titanium seamaster but rolex are a bit too small I think. Apart from these I have not liked any other styles as well. I will be interested to buy 1 from these three. As I am told these brands donot make 50mm watches I think I will have to choose from superocean and titanium seamaster.

You have stated little mate...

You have 8 posts....the first 3 in the Breitling section saying you wanted to buy a rep to wear in your job that could be passed off.... you said you were looking at a seawolf or Avenger.. you also asked about movement reliability..

You started your next 5 posts here.... wanting to be told about any 50mm watches...

You seem to have done nothing yourself in terms of research apart from looking at what you have on your wrist at the moment....

Yet you post a thread on here wanting us to do it all for you....

All I am looking to do is draw you out on what you are after ....in the hope you are not just one of those guys that comes on here looking for an easy route to getting a decent rep and then disappearing till you want another one...

There is a great wealth of info on this site about big watches and there are many links to dealer sites.... what have you done to look at these yourself? Or is that for us to do for you?

There is also a forum specifcally for Big watch collectors... you can google that if you want to look there...maybe you can get some ideas for yourself..

• Like 1

You have stated little mate...

You have 8 posts....the first 3 in the Breitling section saying you wanted to buy a rep to wear in your job that could be passed off.... you said you were looking at a seawolf or Avenger.. you also asked about movement reliability..

You started your next 5 posts here.... wanting to be told about any 50mm watches...

You seem to have done nothing yourself in terms of research apart from looking at what you have on your wrist at the moment....

Yet you post a thread on here wanting us to do it all for you....

All I am looking to do is draw you out on what you are after ....in the hope you are not just one of those guys that comes on here looking for an easy route to getting a decent rep and then disappearing till you want another one...

There is a great wealth of info on this site about big watches and there are many links to dealer sites.... what have you done to look at these yourself? Or is that for us to do for you?

There is also a forum specifcally for Big watch collectors... you can google that if you want to look there...maybe you can get some ideas for yourself..

I was just about to post a list of all PAMs from 47 to 60mm, guess not after reading this...

Ok thanks and sorry if I [censored] you guys off. I will do more research. the watches shown above are not very decent to be worn at work I think. I will come back with a lot more ideas of what I want.

thanks again.

Just make sure you want 50mm. My 3717 was 42mm and it felt waaaaay smaller than my 44mm Panerais.

If you like big watches, go Panerai

I was not trying to beat on you mate....its just we get so many guys coming on here just posting a 'what is or who has' thread...then disappearing....

All I wanted to do is try to get you draw out what you are looking at.... there are so many styles so many designs....that even if you just said I like the Hublot Big bang do they do a bigger version then you have shown the style or taste you have...

There are many options and TBH the idea of saying 50mm is not going to get you far with options...

I only wear big watches because of my big wrists...( 8 1/2 inch)...so I have spent years looking for and trying many large watches....

I have found in that time that there are many watches that are shown as 44mm or even 46mm that wear bigger than many watches shown as 50mm....

For example the Hublot in the pic above is called an Diver to us or King Power Diver.... or 4000m.... it is a 48mm watch....it wears very big on the wrist...but most of that size is the crown guard and its height.... to me its still a small watch...thats because of its dial size.... and bezel size etc...so too me its not a big watch just a big lump of metal in that sense..

But if you take say a Chopard GT XL Chrono...that is 44mm..... but has a big sized dial and small bezel... so the dial goes right to the edges of the case... indeed the case with crown and pushers measures 50mm....

So my point is you need to decide the style and design you like.... even if its too small.... you say you like the Avenger..but its too small...so what about the Super Avenger at 48mm..thats another lump...

The fact you mention that but dont mention the Super Avenger seems like you havent really looked... hence my post mate... for my reasons above

The key in your search isnt its so called size....its all about its design and the way it wears.... as I said there are many watches that arent no where near 50mm in specs but wear bigger than many 50mm specd watches...

You need to research some gen sites..even dealer sites...do what wwe all have done go through a few marques each day ..take  afew hours out to find the styles you like...

You work in a Hotel..so you need to be careful that the watch you are wearing isnt attracting the attention that could show you up or indeed sits so high or big it makes you jacket sleeve sit up all the time... for example the lowest sitting biggest watch I know is the AP Terminator 3...its a great rep OTB and sits very nicely under a jacket and is over 55mm wide with a very big dial so it dont look like its on steroids...however its a rare watch and worth over $25K minimum if you can find one...gen that is.... so would you really want to be wearing that in a Hotel environment with the sort of people you might meet who are staying there...

There are many watches that fit your needs and will wear big...but aint stated as 50mm :)