When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch repair by MD2020

Kinskeys

What I mean is that showing a picture of a watch in water, under pressure, does not show your whole procedure, and I'm sure you do it the right way. The picture is just a snap shot in time.

When you pressurize the air with the watch on the hook, suspended above the water and then you stop pumping and lower the watch into the water .. and then you slowly release the pressure in the chamber and watch for suspicious bubble streams coming from inside of the case.

You can't show that all in one picture. Right? So it looks doofy but it's not.

Why not comment, is it because the second hand that you ordered was to short and wont complete your watch and that unsets up? These are the things you ppl need to realize I have NO CONTROL over. AT ALL. IF anyone has a long posted second hand for a vintage explorer let me or tony know. Also tony if you upset that its taken so long, you need to think about the parts that you bought and the time that has gone by when you bought them and then they where shipped ect. SO IF ANYONE HAS A GMT VINTAGE ROLEX EXPLOERE HAND LET US KNOW ASAP!!!

Also thank you for the positive comment.

Seconds hand for an explorer 2?

2836?

Pm me gents, it's your lucky day if that's what you're after or you feel like crimping for a 2813.

I have the straight one with no lume dot, and one with a lume dot

Edit:  these are the long posted ones - I had ordered 2 straight ones from ofrei when I did my build, just in case it was too long for the dial/case and I had to clip the end off, I wanted 2 chances to get it right.  It wasn't too long, so I have an extra, as well as the lume dot one it came with.   They are available gratis.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Edited by tr573
  • Like 1

Seconds hand for an explorer 2?

2836?

Pm me gents, it's your lucky day if that's what you're after or you feel like crimping for a 2813.

I have the straight one with no lume dot, and one with a lume dot

Edit:  these are the long posted ones - I had ordered 2 straight ones from ofrei when I did my build, just in case it was too long for the dial/case and I had to clip the end off, I wanted 2 chances to get it right.  It wasn't too long, so I have an extra, as well as the lume dot one it came with.   They are available gratis.

Now THIS ^^^^^  is what makes this place so great to hang out.  Members like tr573 offering gratis parts to make another member happy.  Good on you, mate!

Why not comment, is it because the second hand that you ordered was to short and wont complete your watch and that unsets up? These are the things you ppl need to realize I have NO CONTROL over. AT ALL. IF anyone has a long posted second hand for a vintage explorer let me or tony know. Also tony if you upset that its taken so long, you need to think about the parts that you bought and the time that has gone by when you bought them and then they where shipped ect. SO IF ANYONE HAS A GMT VINTAGE ROLEX EXPLOERE HAND LET US KNOW ASAP!!!Also thank you for the positive comment.

Mike if i had something to say i would say it to u. I been speaking to u. I just put that there because this person should have just put this on the super long thread we have on you. Now theres 3 threads on you. Btw the second hand if you forgot you told me to order them but who really cares. Btw mike has been sending me pics of his work on my watch and when its done ill be posting it on the thread thats 25 pages long and not starting another.

• Like 1

the movement for my gmt is a swiss 2846 that i bought from mike on march 2013 . Since i am not a watch repair person i have no idea what hand i would need.The extra parts for this watch that mike mentioned were sent to him in july. Since its now october, This should not even be in the disccussion. I know u been through [censored] but lets get this done so i can post my watch on the thread and finally cross my name off the list.

Edited by Tonyyammine
  • Like 1

the movement for my gmt is a swiss 2846 that i bought from mike on march 2013 . Since i am not a watch repair person i have no idea what hand i would need.The extra parts for this watch that mike mentioned were sent to him in july. Since its now october, This should not even be in the disccussion. I know u been through [censored] but lets get this done so i can post my watch on the thread and finally cross my name off the list.

Its the same hand, 28xx series hand sizes the same. I'm sending the hand off to Mike for your watch so he can complete it (the one with the lume dot - he said that's what you were after)

Cheers

Its the same hand, 28xx series hand sizes the same. I'm sending the hand off to Mike for your watch so he can complete it (the one with the lume dot - he said that's what you were after)

Cheers

Thanku very much for your help. Im going to have extra 1655 parts left over if you need any lmk.

Thanku very much for your help. Im going to have extra 1655 parts left over if you need any lmk.

No worries mate, it's been sitting on my shelf in a plastic bubble for a year since I did my build with a straight seconds hand. Glad to pay it forward for someone else who needs it.