When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I found a Santoni & Pilot style strap maker

markiemark

Yeah he does some very nice stuff, but can be hit and miss, some of the offerings were outstanding for the price and seemed like one off gems, others not the best cuts, stitching or finishing. Examine closely before buying. Still pretty nice for the prices. He seems to have dropped off in production since earlier releases?

Yeah possibly, quality does seem to vary from strap to strap and batch to batch, a bit more than other strap makers such as peter or ekamon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lpvbespokeleather/

Here is one, pics thanks to kutio vs the watchboys (watch boys is strap not on the watch, better cut and cheaper imo)

DSCF1559_zpsbfb28ea8.jpg

another pic thanks to smoothywoothy:

null_zps786f5d44.jpg

and then some gems like this:

620AFBB5-0A0F-4059-92D2-E7888A4455F6-109

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lpvbespokeleather/9350484575/

...good to see more strap makers on board though, hope he keeps up the good work.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I'm here haha. It's true that the previous batch was not as good. Especially the Santoni ones because I was still experimenting. Until the second batch, things got way closer to true patina. And the third batch like the one jtiis got. And sometimes I just had a bad cut of leather (not that the process or the leather is bad, but the gator itself has "natural" wrinkles and scars, usually on old gators -they fight too much I guess lol-). If you see below the Panerai ones, they're flawless (cut from baby gator however, so there are less large scale pattern). But at the end of the day, the feel of the gator is there. The padding is also improved so now it's softer and less hard "unworn". I'm still trying to source good quality orange lining.

The majority of my orders come from gen owners so there aren't much rep buyer reviews.

10419146124_7149798b52.jpg
10418694426_faf9321b70.jpg

Edited by wild05kid05

OK wild05kid05, welcome here... and... should you get lots of orders (as well your straps deserve)...well, then my NEXT strap should be cheaper, right? :inverted:

Haha yes J, just realized it's you on this board. Returning customers get slight discount. Even board members do. I just didn't know you're here. Just inform me next time.

Yes these I do like a lot..like the dark on dark browns

Vintaged Godiva Brown it is :) Edited by wild05kid05

• 7 months later...