When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Angus Returns With A Big Bang!

PureTime

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a local engraver I am going to ask about this. I am thinking that I could remove the rotor, remove the stupid stick on letters (which I believe will become problematic over time) and then have my guy engrave the rotor. Heck, even just a BLANK rotor would be better to me that something that may cause problems latter and break the movement.

What did you mean when you were referring to the later ultimate rep? Does that mean the one coming out soon won't have AR and such?

I was referring to those ultimate PAMs coming later, the PAM252 is one of them.

Angus - Is it possible you could charge members a fee to get the rotor engraved as they want, with the relevant waiting time ? I don't think there would be a huge amount of people who would go for it, but it would sate those who want it, as well as swell the numbers in your initial group buy?

Ummm... I don't know, I have asked the watch maker today and he is not willing to do this and he insisted that the characters on the movement are not just glued on it, it used a kind of technology to 'iron' on it.

In fact I don't understand.

He also mentioned the characters will not fall off during daily wear and if you want to take the words off, use some alcoholic substance like alcohol or tiner.

post-2281-1165451625_thumb.jpgSame thing for me angus i will wait and agree to pay a little more for the 2 extra ( H+ ENGRAVING ROTOR)

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

I forget angus i want this one :o)

You should wait more for this, full ceramic case and bezel.

I have a local engraver I am going to ask about this. I am thinking that I could remove the rotor, remove the stupid stick on letters (which I believe will become problematic over time) and then have my guy engrave the rotor. Heck, even just a BLANK rotor would be better to me that something that may cause problems latter and break the movement.

Yes you can ask them to see if they can help to get it engraved, if you want to remove the letters, use some alcohol.

Actually this is not the first rep with stick-on letters on the rotor, I personally did not receive any complaints about this issue would cause movement failure, please do not worry too much.

I will ask about the engraving again... hope we can make it as good as possible.

======================

Here is an updated pic of the movement, I was excited when I saw this, but I know some of you may not like it...

post-587-1165532150_thumb.jpg

I don't care. I will still take one, engraving or no.

I think there is a lzse engraving service that can do it for me. They have done similiar things for me ion the past but DAMN it is expensive.

And I was jsut happy I got the Inge and now you have to come out with THIS?!

Thank you!

I may start the group buy this week, I will be great if you can join:-)

Edited by PureTime

I am in for group buy. Do u think it can be delivered b4 X'mas? I am moving out of country just before new years and wish to receive it by then. :)

I cannot guarantee this because it must be shipped by Xmas but may not be delivered by Xmas.

Delivered by 1 Jan should be ok I guess.

Angus:

One more question that I know has been answered but I am confused:

Is the all black version coming out for sure or not?

If it is can you give us a rough idea of when?

Will it be a lot more expensive or similar price to the SS version?

I much prefer the all black (as pictured in the above posts) and would be willing to wait and buy that one, but only if I KNOW it is coming.

TVT

Angus:

One more question that I know has been answered but I am confused:

Is the all black version coming out for sure or not?

If it is can you give us a rough idea of when?

Will it be a lot more expensive or similar price to the SS version?

I much prefer the all black (as pictured in the above posts) and would be willing to wait and buy that one, but only if I KNOW it is coming.

TVT

Dear TVT,

The watch maker has a plan to do the all black version, and this will only happen after may be one or 2 months. It will definately much more expensive than the ss version because it is made of genuine ceramic.

I also like the all black one but I will wear the ss one to wait :victory:

Hope this answers your question.

Cheers,

Angus

Guest RiverwindMDS
Dear TVT,

The watch maker has a plan to do the all black version, and this will only happen after may be one or 2 months. It will definately much more expensive than the ss version because it is made of genuine ceramic.

I also like the all black one but I will wear the ss one to wait :victory:

Hope this answers your question.

Cheers,

Angus

Man,

I'll buy all the versions of the Big bang. Please make the maker do the all ceramic version.

This are dreams become true.

I am in for the ss version as it is , please conceder me for the group buy

“ I assume the group buy watches will be individually inspected before shipping , right ? “

I do not think that stick markers will cause a problem , I had many experiences where blue screws from my Pams had fallen into the movement causing it to stop but never damaged . you take out the screw put it in its right place and walllah good as new .

Too bad, I would have wanted this on the wrist in time for Christmas, as I am off to Brazil and Argentina for a 2 week vacation.

a 2-week vacation... so nice... envy you...

Man,

I'll buy all the versions of the Big bang. Please make the maker do the all ceramic version.

This are dreams become true.

Haha, then maybe you willl have 5-6 BBs at your home after 6 months ;-)

I am in for the ss version as it is , please conceder me for the group buy

“ I assume the group buy watches will be individually inspected before shipping , right ? “

I do not think that stick markers will cause a problem , I had many experiences where blue screws from my Pams had fallen into the movement causing it to stop but never damaged . you take out the screw put it in its right place and walllah good as new .

I will inspect all watches shipped from me, but I cannot inspect each part of them very carefully (e.g. Time accuracy, screws cannot be unscrewed, etc are possible to notice for my inspection), but I will try my best to make every customer happy.

One more question for you Angus:

Does the gold version you showed have a GENUINE carbon Fiber dial or is it some sort of stamped plastic. It looked nice but did not look authentic carbon fiber to me.

I am looking forwards to the SS version and especially the black ceramic version big time... let us know when we can buy this mother!

Having looked at the catalogue I am confused as I cannot see any of these as accurate models. The all steel version should have a solid caseback engraved with Tuiga 1909 and a sailing ship etc - it's a limited edition. The Gold bezel on steel case is not in their catalogue at all and the gold versions have the ceramic bezel with carbon black dial or black dial with a tungsten bezel and ruthenium dial with tungsten bezel. Are these reps of older models?