When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Angus Returns With A Big Bang!

PureTime

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, this is very interesting indeed. The pusher is not supposed to be missing. This must be a rep.

DEFINATELY not a rep with that beautiful engraving on the back and the AR coated..

It looks like a beat-up genuine.. Probably a wife learned that her husband bought a new Big Bang and she gave him her own Bang !!! :lol:

Maybe tonton2000 can enlighten us. The back of the watch still had the TRL sticker attached, so why would that be if it was a beat up used gen. with a missing pusher? Interesting? I have a 7 1/2 inch wrist so no issues with this watchsize. My problem is opposite, smaller than 38mm looks dinky on my wrist.

Interesting observation. If you are comparing to the one tonton2000 just posted, yes it is different, if you are comparing to the gen pics posted on timezone and elsewhere, it is correct except the printing is just slightly skinnier on the rep. The 2 and 3 numbers match, but the one on tonton2000's wrist doesn't match to the gen pics. previously posted.

Edit: On second thought after more examination, I believe you are right and the date font is not exact.

Is it just me, or is the date font clearly different on the rep???

Yes it is different.. the rep's is more square-ish than the gen.

On the other hand the black datewheel tonton posted has a different font definately more bold.. so are we talking for differences in the datewheels as well between genuines???

Just had a long discussion with the watch maker, we talked about which HBB versions we are going to release and which are not...

Told him about the date font issue, but it is too late to correct it now, we think the problem is not very significant, isn't it?

During our discussion, he bisected the HBB and I took some pics of HBB's parts.

Enjoy:

168401-10443.jpg

168401-10444.jpg

168401-10445.jpg

168401-10446.jpg

168401-10447.jpg

168401-10448.jpg

168401-10449.jpg

168401-10450.jpg

168401-10451.jpg

168401-10452.jpg

168401-10453.jpg

168401-10454.jpg

168401-10455.jpg

168401-10456.jpg

168401-10457.jpg

168401-10458.jpg

Guest RiverwindMDS

I don't think so... He's replying in the stangest times for somone who lives in china... I really like the SS version. I think I'm going only for the ss and then waiting for ceramic...

Man, very good pictures. Is it possible to know thw versions that are coming out?

CAn you anticipate us what you two talked about?

We don't have any decision yet, just looked at the different versions and discussed which ones looked nice and what info we have now.

Wow, great detailed pics., thanks Angus. I can see now trying to fit a CF strap to this is going to take some ingenuity.

You are welcome. The existing rubber strap is very nice, quality is comparable to the genuine.

Well, it definitely has AR coating according to those pics. That is friggin great news.

Yes, it is genuine AR instead of just some blue-ish coating.

I might be wrong, but I think a lot of the early production demo models have AR, but then when they actually hit the mainstream, they don't.

I am not sure but I have never seen a prototype has AR but the final product doesn't.

Wow... I'm VERY impressed with the case construction! This is a very complex piece... Needless to say... The rep world has come a LONG way in very short time!

Angus... I must ask... Do you ever sleep? :lol:

Yes, this watch is made 1:1 from the genuine, even the small screws are made 100% same genuine, besides the movement case, everything can be installed into a genuine HBB.

Yes I do sleep, I usually sleep when most of you sleep as well, because I can reply as soon as you guys have questions and problems.

I don't think so... He's replying in the stangest times for somone who lives in china... I really like the SS version. I think I'm going only for the ss and then waiting for ceramic...

Haha, yes, I sleep at about 9:00am in the morning (GMT +8).

It doesnt bother me. I just wasnt sure if I was seeing things or not because the date font wasnt discussed in 10 pages of a thread.

I remember someone had talked about this but I forgot where it was. Btw, thank you for your opinions.

Great pics PT!

The one i had in the earlier pictures was indeed a (very) beat up gen, missing a chrono pusher, and a careful owner by the looks of it.

A good friend of mine has a service centre, and this is one of the pieces that has come in for fixing.

Looking (intensively and obsessively) at Angus' pics, i can honestly say that i can see NO glaring differences between his rep and the gen, movt aside.

The gen also uses a valjoux 7750 (i have seen the eta stamp under the balance wheel)

Wow, this rep definitely is worth it for the price, look at that work of art case construction! I definitely expected it to visually look perfect, but even the case construction is completely identical. I have never seen a case so complicated (Not even the AP Royal Oak), and it's just amazing how every last detail is correct on this piece. I definitely can't wait for mine to arrive! :D