When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Politics! (hell yeah!)

whoever

"This opposition is purely opposition to President Obama. It is my belief that the opposition is racially charged."

Isn't that always your belief no matter what the issue with him get over it, people can oppose the President with no other reason than different ideologies. Now we can start the ugly arguments that paint anyone who disagrees with you/him a raciest I am not rising to the bait.

We are talking health care, race has no place here.

"This opposition is purely opposition to President Obama. It is my belief that the opposition is racially charged."

Isn't that always your belief no matter what the issue with him get over it, people can oppose the President with no other reason than different ideologies. Now we can start the ugly arguments that paint anyone who disagrees with you/him a raciest I am not rising to the bait.

We are talking health care, race has no place here.

'It is my belief' based on what I hear, see and read. I have nothing to "get over". I lived in the `50s and `60s. I was in high school when we had  race riots every year, and the 'long, hot summers' when our cities burned. I saw the marches on TV, the way people fought to be equal, to the simple right to not have separate drinking fountains. I read when the Bear's Gale Sayers roomed with Brian Piccalo for the first interracial roomie in the NFL. I was a senior when Martin Luther King was murdered. And in my 38 year long career I shared dirt and blood and death with people of all persuasions. And I learned. I learned that no matter who I asked, I couldn't find a single person who was consulted before they were born as to how they would be born. I learned that judging another by their looks was stupid. I learned that bigotry and racism is stupid. I've learned that some embrace that stupidity, relish in it, take a false pride in something they had no control over. I've learned that some who never had those experiences think racism no longer exists. I've learned that stupid has not gone away. 

I know racism when I see it. 

It is not my belief nor will I live my life as a victim or in constant anger over past wrongs. I see the best in people and do not let negative experiences shape my world because I choose not to. Yes there will always be stupid and also smart, I see the glass half full.

It is not my belief nor will I live my life as a victim or in constant anger over past wrongs. I see the best in people and do not let negative experiences shape my world because I choose not to. Yes there will always be stupid and also smart, I see the glass half full.

Where does that come from? I certainly do not live my life as any "victim", or in constant anger at all. People I meet get the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise. Negative experiences do not "shape"  my world, but I do learn from all my experiences. Reality can't be wished away. 

You two guys should get a room ;)

What is the point of these discussions? As a plebeians you have zero chance of influencing anything. You just regurgitate centuries of elitist rhetoric that doesn't serve you anyway. This is a country based on classical liberal values in a pluralist democracy; one where you think you have a say but don't.

Carry on ;)