When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any thoughts on the new 3777 @ PT ?

kevshed

Overall it's good. The dial markers could be a bit straighter. The dial itself could be a tiny bit darker. The AR/crystal could be a bit better. Some people have had the pushers fall off. Mine came with a missing c-clip on the bracelet clasp. It's large and a bit heavy for my 6.4" wrist.

But like I said its a good rep and worth getting if you're a pilot watch nut like me :)

• Like 1

As mentioned above, chrono buttons come off easliy.  Mine came off while sizing the bracelet.  This is also somewhat arduous.  I was able to screw the pusher back on and tighten, hoefully ehough :).  I'm no IWC expert but from web photo comparison, the watch looks spot on.  Maybe some small flaws but nothing major and has great wrist presence.  m2c.

• 2 months later...

I watched their video of the bracelet version, looks great.  Is this V1 or V2? 

Some say that V2 is not necessarily better than V1, what are the differences? Can you share the links to buy V1 and V2?

(Or point me to existing posted that already discussed or answered these questions) Thanks a lot.

I was able to screw the pusher back on and tighten, hoefully ehough :).  

I also hoped this some weeks ago, tightened the pushers nearly every day from outside. Then suddenly one of my pushers was gone! I was lucky to find it in the living room but the spring I never found again. After some negotiations my TD sourced a spare pusher for me and send it to me. 25$ plus shipping.

So you better open the case and secure the pushers from inside with thread lock.

The problem with the pusher is quite an easy fix but I wait for the next version, since the bad AR and the milky xtal is a deal breaker for me. But have to say the watch looks gorgeous and has a lot of potential. Just improve a little bit and it gets a super rep in my eyes :)

I read a lot about the AR and the milky crystal. But TBH I really can't see what is meant by that!?! My crystal isn't milky, it is clear. And the light blueish AR is correct because IWC gen AR is a double AR with blue tint on the pilots. Just compare a gen 3777 to the rep AR in natural light (not in the store), ok this is not easy because you need a way to take a gen 3777 out of the store. But I can't see any difference. Good for me, so I don't care about my crystal and my AR!  :)

I have a V1.

Incorrect lugs? I read about some users reporting a little gap at the lugs with the bracelet. My 3777 didn't have this gap. Or what do you mean with incorrect lugs? Anyway, I dismounted the bracelet and mounted a 21mm BP leather strap (grey gator with blue stitch, will post pictures the next time).

Damn I was confused sorry ;) Thanks for your clarification. So the v1 has nicer xtal but incorrect lugs and case am I right this time?

Its the opposite, V1 has a cloudy crystal (can only be seen if you take it of and put it through direct light.  And V2 has incorrect polished line on the lugs:

Image taken from RWI (PolonusTM)

boki_zpsab48052e.jpg

• Like 1