When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally in the long pants...

TeeJay

Ish...

Last week, I had a birthday, and my wife was good enough to treat me to a new watch. This was based on several months of subtle questions about forums, TD's, what I considered the most out of reach genuine Rolex etc, and she ordered me a 1665 :wub:

Sorry for the shabby picture...

776e9c2b52aa0f7e0bd9318cdd80aad0_zps353b

Many late congrats! :drinks:

What a nice gesture from your wife - she must be a real cool cat! :)

Thanks, it was a simple, but great day :good::drinks: As for wifey, what can I say, she puts up with me :bangin::wub:

There's a Yuki pearl on the way, and I've added a little subtle weathering just so it doesn't look pristine, but of course, anyone seeing it who knows what it is, will know what it is :D

Hey Tj where have you been?I am sure I owe you a favor so when you feel you want some work done let me know I may have some parts spare

Hi Andy, to be honest, I've not been in the best of places, which was why I stayed away from the forum, as I didn't want to bring anyone else down, but things are looking up now :) I'm okay for parts, as a Yuki pearl is on its way to me, but there is something which needs doing, if you might be up for it? The watch came on a period folded bracelet, which I felt was too thin to support a watch head of this thickness, so I swapped it over for the bracelet I've been wearing my GMTs and Subs on since my honeymoon, and I think the thicker links make for a much better aesthetic balance. However... Due to the additional thickness of the case back, it is a smidge on the snug side... Not uncomfortably tight, just 'a bit close'... An extra link makes it too big, and moving the fine adjustment in a set of holes then means the end of the clasp stands slightly proud of the bracelet, and makes a snag hazard... :bangin: I figured having an extra set of holes drilled into the clasp would solve that issue entirely, but eliminating the need for the extra link. Might that be something you could possibly help with?

I see you've already started modding, the pearl is gone.  As it should be!  :tu:

Well... I initially removed the inaccurate factory pearl so as to swap in the domed pearl from my Tudor sub, but it decided to fall on the floor never to be seen again :bangin: (although a replacement is on the way :tu: ) I've tried to get some better shots, but the iPhone just can't handle it :( I've decided to leave the dial 'as is', as if it was a lightly used watch which then got safequeened, so I've simply put some light scuffs on the edge and center of the crystal, some wear on the case back, and removed the enamel from the engravings :) The bracelet is already fairly worn in, so it makes for a nice match. Also, while the red lines look crazy bright in the photos, to the naked eye, they're actually almost invisible :D

f3468a9f4cf40b476a63952ec0ce9969_zps0118

fb644fa0259932d4a05c4f5be12790bc_zps25b3