When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch jumping on my wrist!

thunderx

Hey guys,

I received a couple of new watches from a trusted dealer and they look great - the movement works but it seems very unbalanced. The watch is literally jumping on my wrist when the movement moves. Its happening on both watches (both AP reps) I'm in no way technical when it comes to watches, I have a small kit to swap straps but that's it.

I was wondering if I should pop the back and see if anything is loose?

If not, does anyone know a person in the US that could work on them? I'll pay shipping and for the services! I have about 12 other reps that need some love as well :)

thanks for your help!

lmk if you want pictures :)

Sounds like the movement could perhaps be loose inside the case.

If you gently shake the watch do you hear something shifting around?

I doubt it could be due to the auto weight however hopefully some of the other guys with more knowledge will be able to help out though this is what comes to my mind.

I had a 7750 auto and it must have had a BIG rotor in it, if I flipped my wrist just right it would launch the rotor and it would spin like a crazy thing, wobbling the watch on my wrist. I could hear it spinning inside the case, whir whir whir whirr whirrr whirrrrr whirrrrrrr, bzzt bbzt bzzt bzzzzt bzzzzzzt, click click click, as the rotor stopped. It was weird, but that was normal for that watch.

It's the rotor. Unless the two watches came with loosed movements, which is uncommon. I had a Breitling with an Asian 7750 and you could feel the rotor oscilating , which gave you a strange sensation on the wrist. The watch was heavy and the rotor movement exerted a noticeable force on the whole watch as it turned. I sold the dam thing. I'd the watches alone, unless you start hearing a noise maracas played by a salsa  band.