When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TD Pics, experts opinion . . .

payhomage

but the thing is this watch isnt supposed to have polished mid links.it should be all stainless,so he has photoshoped the watch to look completely wrong.

Makes no sense, if he is to photoshop it, why would he make it look wrong?

Your saying the gen version of this watch is not supposed to have polished mid-links. Which is correct, mid-links are supposed to be polished, they are supposed to be dull/tarnished.

But then again your saying he photoshopped the picture to look like the mid-links are shiny. Wouldn't he want to photoshop it to look dull? Proves point that it is the angle of the picture that consistently is making our eyes question ourselves.

I need to get to the bottom of this and to do so - again I am stating - I ordered the watch, pics and video will be uploaded soon.

TeeJay, I say the same especially to you. I apologize if you took what I wrote into offense. I greatly apprecaite everyones comments, I am still trying to formulate an opinion on the watch.. I must have mis-wrote or mis-worded my last post. I was in a rush not thinking clearly.

Let me explain myself:

I do think all of you have a point, however, I feel my TD is giving me a VERY good price. I have been buying products from him for 3 years now and I trust him to not lead me on to something that is faulty. YES - I agree this is definitely photoshopped, that is how he works I guess.

Although, I do believe that even though it is photoshopped, it still looks like it must be a great watch before he edited it with a computer software.

Anyway, Like I stated, for all our curiosity, I will order this watch from my TD, and when it arrives I will post immediately a full, in detail, with pictures and video, response so we can all understand the background of the watch.

I was not offended, I just found it confusing that someone would ask for opinions on something, and even when those opinions are critical, to still go ahead with the purchase... The fact that they are not a known dealer on this forum does not phase me, as I have always preferred to order off-site, and actively distrust some of the forum Trusted Dealers. However, the photo presented, is not what I would consider a QC photo (which should show a clearly identifiable watch in natural surroundings, not a promotional catalogue shot) If your dealer has always been good to you, however, then by all means, trust that relationship, and I'm sure you'll be happy with your purchase :good::drinks:

I was not offended, I just found it confusing that someone would ask for opinions on something, and even when those opinions are critical, to still go ahead with the purchase... The fact that they are not a known dealer on this forum does not phase me, as I have always preferred to order off-site, and actively distrust some of the forum Trusted Dealers. However, the photo presented, is not what I would consider a QC photo (which should show a clearly identifiable watch in natural surroundings, not a promotional catalogue shot) If your dealer has always been good to you, however, then by all means, trust that relationship, and I'm sure you'll be happy with your purchase :good::drinks:

Your right, if there's one thing I should learned here on RWG it is to ask for QC pictures. Il get on that for my own protection. Also thank you for understanding my reach in supply from outside the forum. You all were very helpful.

Your right, if there's one thing I should learned here on RWG it is to ask for QC pictures. Il get on that for my own protection. Also thank you for understanding my reach in supply from outside the forum. You all were very helpful.

I have to admit, I've never asked for a QC photo in all my time collecting, and only had one instance of getting the wrong thing, and two instances of receiving goods which were unchecked quality (the same forum trusted dealer who I have not used since) Looking forwards to seeing what you receive :good::drinks:

• 2 weeks later...

Got the watch in earlier today! Took some pics, took some videos, and already posted FOR SALE on RWI.

Why? Wasn't nearly what I expected, and my V1 feels more comforting than the gloss of this rep.

Heres the link to the sale on RWI;

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/rolex-submariner-conus-163632.html?p=1647397

So, below you guys have  pictures and a link to video. 

Still looking forward to what you guys think! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uxh1o81amc

post-57659-0-07773700-1383372573_thumb.j

post-57659-0-13946300-1383372612_thumb.j

post-57659-0-61114700-1383372629_thumb.j

post-57659-0-65804200-1383372645_thumb.j

post-57659-0-89910800-1383372658_thumb.j

post-57659-0-08735900-1383372671_thumb.j

post-57659-0-34002600-1383372689_thumb.j

post-57659-0-28827100-1383372702_thumb.j

post-57659-0-04810900-1383372715_thumb.j

Good morning all

Just woke up, read all of what you all had to say and I am truly sorry.

Am I wrong that Swiss Stated means that the TD says it is Swiss ETA Clone?

If not, I truly appologise, I obviously don't know how to open the watch and check movement type.

As for the quality of the watch, really not that bad... Ok pearl might be off, bezel at inch loose but it wears great and it's a good noob watch, I put as much detail as I could into the pics.

The movement is really running better than my noob, I'll get some shots later when I can comparing the two.

Wow, what a piece of junk....

Funny how you trusted this seller with such conviction just to get scammed...

ROLEXROLEX engravings are way off in alignment, Wokky cheap thin rehaut, wrong bracelet and clasp, wrong case, horrible pearl, no AR on the cyclops, wrong hour hand, wrong sticker on the caseback....

wow you got ripped off.

Glad you followed the recommendations of the members here...

• Like 1

One thing that bothers me still. You said you wouldnt buy watches from him anymore but only for bags (correct?). This guy scammed you for $300 on a watch that is worth $75 tops. How do you know hes not scamming you all this time with bags aswell? I would really stay a long way from this guy man. We have some good clothing dealers here aswell.

Damn, sorry to see how bad you got your pants pulled down on this deal :( As above, this dealer of yours isn't worth dealing with, as if they're prepared to rip you off for a watch, they are likely doing so with other stuff too...