When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tracking, Possibly Lost Package

payhomage

So I ordered a few product from a TD and with the tracking number he gave me It seems the package has been stopped or is not moving:

2013-10-26  20:46:00 City of Guangzhou  Posting   2013-10-26  22:49:00 City of Guangzhou  Despatch from Sorting Center   2013-10-27  03:58:00 GUANGZHOU 

Arrival at Sorting Center  

1.     I ordered on October 25th,

2.     October 26th, Product was handed from customer to City of Gangzhou Post Office

3.     October 26th, 2 hours later, Product despatched from Sorting Center

4.     October 27th, Product arrives in Gangzhou Sorting Center.

Now, usually I would receive updates daily or every other day with tracking, however it seems the product is stuck.

Is it possible the package is lost?

Is it possible the package is stuck in China Customs?

Is it possible the package has just not been scanned and is on its way to me?

I tracked with USPS and contacted USPS and they say I should give it until November 5th, but I don't see why that is necessary if it should have been updated (scanned) after arrival at sorting center in Guangzhou.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

Eden

Frankly mate.... I wouldnt be thinking any of the above at this stage....

EMS can be quick and can be slow.... but nothing in that tracking data or the period of time suggests its anything more than that at the moment ...

It's OK, China tracking is bad, just relax. EMS will get your watch to your house in one week. The EMS flights come in at Kennedy Airport, and sorted in Customs @ Queens.

HEY ... use the EMS tracking number in a US Postal Service tracker. If the USPS already has it, they will show you.

Thanks for both your replies!

I used it in USPS and it only says that the parcel was Accepted by China on Oct 26th.

No updates yet, wish I could contact EMS but I guess the patience game continues. I'll check back in a few days and get my mind off of the package.

Thanks!!

This is something to worry..

Posted Image

That was very helpful! What website did you use to track this? I use EMS China & USPS when it's in the US.

Also, just found this earlier this morning!!

Posted Image

Looks like the package left Gangzhou customs, however, it says it left customs on the 27th...

Why didn't it update on the 27th then? Why did it update on the 30th that it left on the 27th?

Is it possible my package already left China on the 27th?

Thanks for all yours posts, definitely made me feel more secure!

Wait some more, there are extra delays with all shipments these last couple of months, so don't worry. Remember, Christmas is around the corner, which adds a serious heavy load to the system.

That's true. I have never had a problem w/ shipping from China, I guess I never actually ordered during or near the holidays before.

Thanks

Man you need to relax. Package tracking is very hit or miss. Items get scanned, some get missed, USPS is terrible. I have had packages delivered that we're still showing acceptance at the origin Post Office.

AFA using TrackerPro or other tracking software or apps, all they are going to show is what's on the official websites.Unfortunately, they aren't privy to any special tracking info. I use one called PackageTrackr. Works Ok, but sometimes it is worse than the official sites.

If you want tracking at every stop, every time, you are going to have to use private courier companies like FedEx or UPS

Man you need to relax. Package tracking is very hit or miss. Items get scanned, some get missed, USPS is terrible. I have had packages delivered that we're still showing acceptance at the origin Post Office.

AFA using TrackerPro or other tracking software or apps, all they are going to show is what's on the official websites.Unfortunately, they aren't privy to any special tracking info. I use one called PackageTrackr. Works Ok, but sometimes it is worse than the official sites.

If you want tracking at every stop, every time, you are going to have to use private courier companies like FedEx or UPS

+1 It's only been 4 days, USPS tracking is at best mediocre.  I too have had a package in the mail box that said it was in Thailand.  it will get here have some patience, That is what this hobby is all about...