When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Confused over different versions of AP ROO Safari.. Need help

nardis

I recently got attracted to the beauty of AP ROO safari with leather strap and started looking for the best version.. and kinda figured that the one with updated dial that has silver lining around numerical is the best version. I've been searching for it on Trusty time and Puretime but can't seem to figure out which is the right one.

Please enlighten me with your expertise..

http://www.p-cls.com/aap10011-royal-chronograph-ssle-safari-a7750-sec12-pi-6975.html?image=1

This one.

The Safari was given a "soft" update, and the v2 comes with the silver lining, and possibly an upgrade of the datewheel color to off-white.

You just need to look at the pictures, the silver lining around the dial markers indicate the updated version. :) 

http://www.p-cls.com/aap10011-royal-chronograph-ssle-safari-a7750-sec12-pi-6975.html?image=1

This one.

The Safari was given a "soft" update, and the v2 comes with the silver lining, and possibly an upgrade of the datewheel color to off-white.

You just need to look at the pictures, the silver lining around the dial markers indicate the updated version. :)

Thanks. My head is spinning cuz I've been looking at these pics to find the "silver lining" all night yesterday. Do you really see any silver line around the numbers? I may have problem with my eyes or looking at wrong spot. I see borders of the black colored numbers are elevated but they don't look silvery at all. Edited by nardis

Thanks. My head is spinning cuz I've been looking at these pics to find the "silver lining" all night yesterday. Do you really see any silver line around the numbers? I may have problem with my eyes or looking at wrong spot. I see borders of the black colored numbers are elevated but they don't look silvery at all.

Nardis.

Looks like the old one

No silver and not rounded pushers

So in summary, the latest Safari version has

- silver-lined numbers

- rounded chrono pushers

- a more cream coloured dial

- off-white date wheel

- some have said a supposedly better movement where the sec@12 is not so jumpy

I used to have problems with the sec@12 movement for the older batches of ROO reps.

The newer batches, for some reason, did not exhibit this classic problem somehow. No stoppage at all for the several unserviced ROOs I purchased.

The Safari is one of the nicest ROOs in my opinion. Good choice. :thumbs:

Most of the dealers have the ultimate version. The older ones are all sold out long ago. Just ask, in case.

Toro

Are you still able to source for ROOs from Noob? 

I am interested in a few models, just wondering if you could get stock for them..

Mr.A,

Did you get a name downgrade? From Killing Legends to the one being killed =D 

or is it an upgrade? ;)

Lol.. I have decided to have a less aggressive nick thats all Mr J.

You're the first one who noticed, besides Nanuq who changed my nick for me upon request. ;)