When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Iwc Aquatimer Chronograph Cousteau Divers

PureTime

Unless people have been living in caves for the last week, we've all noticed/experienced the problems with EL's Pilot Chrono (although I'm the first to say I love mine!)

As I see it, there are 3 main things at all potential purchasers are desperately keen to get answers on, or see tackled:

1. Day alignment - we know this is a well known problem, but please please can we get this right?

2. Lume - Angus's last post mentioned that he had some Lume from somewhere - can we get a defintive answer on this?

3. As we can see in the gen photos above, especially the last one, AR is a must on a watch of this size. Again we need to know what we're going to get here.

I'm sure Angus is paying attention to our humble requests!

Hilts :play_ball:

Unless people have been living in caves for the last week, we've all noticed/experienced the problems with EL's Pilot Chrono (although I'm the first to say I love mine!)

As I see it, there are 3 main things at all potential purchasers are desperately keen to get answers on, or see tackled:

1. Day alignment - we know this is a well known problem, but please please can we get this right?

2. Lume - Angus's last post mentioned that he had some Lume from somewhere - can we get a defintive answer on this?

3. As we can see in the gen photos above, especially the last one, AR is a must on a watch of this size. Again we need to know what we're going to get here.

I'm sure Angus is paying attention to our humble requests!

Hilts :play_ball:

I am very confident Angus will do his best to get these things right, but I also hope he can give us an answer. I personally think day/date alignment AND ESPECIALLY FONT !!! is bloody important on the Cousteau (if you look at the gen the letters in the day as well as the numbers in the date have some unusual shapes/forms, for instance look at the "4" or the "A" ). I dont seem to understand how the hell they can pay so much attention to all details and so badly f*** up the date font/day alignment on the new pilot !!!! But maybe it looks worse in the pictures than in real, as it usually does......

Lume would be a huge candy for us and Angus would gain an enormous advantage compared to other dealers by lumin this baby right. I hope he will because this watch just looks awesome in the dark (I have seen the gen a couple of months ago at a friends place)

The third point I am NOT worried about at all as we have seen the strong AR on the Breitlings and the HBB, they are the best of all reps out there IMHO. I am also absolutely not worrying about the overall quality, feel and especially accuracy. Damn, just look at the HBB !!! I also hope the engravings are deep enough, but since the maker owns the gen as a reference, i dont see a problem of getting EVERYTHING right. Its just a matter of will and I am sure we will see a splendid baby, hopefully soon !!! Finally, I am hoping for a Swiss heart beating in this lady....

Edited by uziuzi

So this thing has got to be WR to 1000m like the SFSO and BCE right?

I mean otherwise, it's pretty much useless to me :)

That might be a little too ambitious, seeing that the gen is only water resistant to 120 meters.......

BTW, When will we see it?

Moose

Here comes the semi-final sample, the dial lume is not ready, rubber strap has "NBA" missing, buckle not ready, please let me know if there is still need improvement.

Estimated release date is 15th April, will be available in both Asian 7750 and Swiss 7750 movement versions, watch maker has not quoted me the price yet.

Checked the lume as well, not as good as expected, already told the watch maker to improve it but I don't expect too much.

Enjoy :-)

225968-13329.jpg

225968-13330.jpg

225968-13331.jpg

225968-13332.jpg

225968-13333.jpg

225968-13334.jpg