When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Iwc Aquatimer Chronograph Cousteau Divers

PureTime

Guest RiverwindMDS
THIS IS WHAT THE LUME ON THE COUSTEAU SHOULD LOOK LIKE. Please don't save on the superluminova !!!!

(lumeshot from sailboat641)

I hope also that they'll start using superlume the rep producers

Guest RiverwindMDS
I totally agree with comments here, this watch is beautiful and a definate on my list of "i want one of those"

Cant wait....nor can i wait for my superocean to arrive :)

mee too...

Thats a weird comment. If you can truely afford the gen then go buy it and post some pics.

Well, I love watches and there are loads of beautiful watches I would like to have but some of the prices of a gen timepiece is ridiculously expensive. Can't afford to buy more than a few gens but an excellent rep is almost as good as a gen at a fraction of the price thus I'll be able to get more. I know it sounds a little weird..I am addicted and it's making me that way.

Well, I love watches and there are loads of beautiful watches I would like to have but some of the prices of a gen timepiece is ridiculously expensive. Can't afford to buy more than a few gens but an excellent rep is almost as good as a gen at a fraction of the price thus I'll be able to get more. I know it sounds a little weird..I am addicted and it's making me that way.

Fair enough - I guess if there was a 1:1 copy then a real one wouldnt be as special i.e. Rolex sub - i bet there are more fakes than real ones!

Id love a cousteau gen if I could afford haha

It sounds good with me. I am the same way. I am also looking for another gen, but if I can get a great rep, then why get that gen. I will get some other gen and the rep:-).

hi angus,

i hope you've had a good break over chinese new year!

there are only two things that i can see at first glance (and one of them may be an optical illusion):

1) not sure, but it looks like the two squares above the 12:00 subdial are a little crooked. hard to tell for sure.

2) the marker under the 6:00 subdial looks like a (vertical) rectangle; from the pictures of the gen it looks like it should be a square (ie. it is too tall).

now for the question i've been dying to ask: is there any chance we could get this watch with genuine tritec superlume?

given the unique lume of this watch (see picture below), i started a poll re: superlume here to gauge members' interests in the watch with and without superlume, and for nearly half of the voters in the poll (currently 46%), having superlume on this particular watch would make the difference between buying the watch and NOT buying the watch. i think this is pretty compelling. also, it would appear people would be willing to pay extra to have this watch with superlume, with the majority of folks willing to spend somewhere between $25-75 extra to have superlume.

what do you think? is it possible to have real superlume on this watch?

check out the lume on the genuine:

208086-154.jpg

as always, thanks for letting the community participate in the replication of another amazing watch!

deltatahoe