When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Issues with purchasing a watch from a trusted dealer

alexlaw86

Hi guys,

I have been reading through the forum for some time now, and would like to say thankyou for all of the advice and recommendations you have all posted. This forum is really a wealth of knowledge!

Up until this point I had never purchased a replica watch. I have been reading up on the 'normal procedures' involved with such transactions. I have read through the 'noob information', buying guides, and the advice posted in relation to acceptable communication, and dispute resolution.

I would appreciate any advice in relation the situation I am currently facing. I am not sure if my experiences dealing with this trusted dealer are to be considered 'normal/acceptable', or I am merely being paranoid.

On 2 November I decided to take the plunge, and purchased a watch from a trusted dealer. A few hours later I made payment via their separate paypal account. A few hours later I received a series of QC photographs. Unfortunately their were some visible marks on the watch, I subsequently requested a replacement watch.

About a week ago the dealer stated that it would take a couple of days for the watch to come in, and to be patient.

It is not my intention to be the over anxious ‘noob’, however it is now the 11 November, and I have not yet received the replacement watch QC images. 

Is this practice to be considered normal/acceptable?

Cheers

Edited by alexlaw86

Hi guys,

I have been reading through the forum for some time now, and would like to say thankyou for all of the advice and recommendations you have all posted. This forum is really a wealth of knowledge!

Up until this point I had never purchased a replica watch. I have been reading up on the 'normal procedures' involved with such transactions. I have read through the 'noob information', buying guides, and the advice posted in relation to acceptable communication, and dispute resolution.

I would appreciate any advice in relation the situation I am currently facing. I am not sure if my experiences dealing with this trusted dealer are to be considered 'normal/acceptable', or I am merely being paranoid.

On 2 November I decided to take the plunge, and purchased a watch from a trusted dealer. A few hours later I made payment via their separate paypal account. A few hours later I received a series of QC photographs. Unfortunately their were some visible marks on the watch, I subsequently requested a replacement watch.

About a week ago the dealer stated that it would take a couple of days for the watch to come in, and to be patient.

It is not my intention to be the over anxious ‘noob’, however it is now the 11 November, and I have not yet received the replacement watch QC images. 

Is this practice to be considered normal/acceptable?

Cheers

If you bought from a trusted dealer, there should no rpblem. This is something that happens sometimes. The dealer sent you a pic of the watch you ordered so as to confirm that's what you want. If you thougth the watch was scratched, you have all th rightto ask for fresh piece be delivered. Now and then the dealers will have to source a new watch and that's which takes time and patience on the part of the buyer.

If you ordered the watch 10 days ago, that's not such a long time to ait, when they are working on a solution for the conflict . Give the dealer time to solve the problem and in a few days you'll hear feom him, hopefully giving you good news about the your purchase.

Well you purchased on 2nd now 11th so 9 days , give him some more time as he most likely trying to find good one as he knows your looking carefully. It is about getting a good one right so like I said give him three more then just email a what's up and thank him for going looking for a good one for you.

As mentioned, give the TD a little more time, these things are to be expected when dealing in this hobby, and especially when a watch is popular, or difficult to locate.

Who is the TD?  Just want to make sure you are using the correct webiste link, as recently there has been some members buying from cloned websites run by scammers.

Its interesting to see that another guy here is having the same issue with waiting. (Photonews I think his name is)

He was saying it was Andrew and his dates seem to tally with yours mate

I ain't sure if that is relevant but it's an interesting coincidence

Who was your dealer mate and what was watch?

Have you a link?