When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why you need a gas lit watch!

Mike on a bike

Well guys wonder why I'm up so early , power failure. Now most sleep through but I have sleep Apnea so have a CPAP machine to use when I sleep. No power/ no machine no breath ,wake up choking! :bad:

But this is just background so I wake get up (330am I find out) get to kitchen some light from windows find matches (big stick ones) always same place  :good:  light two candles, all good. :prop: Now what time is it :g: Ah there she is by chance in the box brand new Luminox with borosilicate glass capsules for 25 years of light !  :wiggle:  Now none of my good super lume watches charged right who knew, but this one always ready. Also folks say not to bright well went back in bed figure lay down and wait (dark in there) like a torch! :clap3:

PS back in one hour ,here I am!

You need a generator!! We live out in the country, and have been plagued by power failures for years. Ice storms(Rare) hurricanes every few years, but severe thunderstorms often kept us in the dark quite a bit. I finally bit the bullet last year and installed whole house generator. it's wonderful, power goes out, in about 20 seconds, the generator starts powers on, everything working and you would never know it was out. If you had a generator, you would still be sleeping soundly, your CPAP machine humming merrily along!!

I looked at a generator but cost was too high ...so i chose to use what i had around me... so I got a push bike and took off the back wheel and linked the back axle to belt which was then connected to a damaged genny ....

I now have power for free ... and 2 kids working in 12 hour shifts... :);)

I looked at a generator but cost was too high ...so i chose to use what i had around me... so I got a push bike and took off the back wheel and linked the back axle to belt which was then connected to a damaged genny ....

I now have power for free ... and 2 kids working in 12 hour shifts... :);)

if i could harness the energy expended by my brats over a 24 hour basis i'd be able to power the whole damn block for FREE

if only i could