When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sub On A Black Strap

m4rcus

I really like the submariner on a bracelet, but I guess my wrist is too small because I just can't find a comfortable compromise with the links. :(

So, I took the black strap that came with my Archimede Pilot watch and threw it on the sub. How do you think it looks? Sorry about he quick and dirty pics...

160004-12481.jpg

160004-12482.jpg

Thanks for the input,

-- m

Great shots, what piano? I took shots of my Breitling GT on my piano keyboard too :o

As for the band, i think it looks great on the watch, but i don't like the steel 'buttons' i guess they are.

Great shots, what piano? I took shots of my Breitling GT on my piano keyboard too :o

As for the band, i think it looks great on the watch, but i don't like the steel 'buttons' i guess they are.

Thanks. It's my GF's Yamaha GC1 Grand from the classic collection. I'm still on the fence myself about the strap. It'll probably have the SS band back on it later today.

which dealer did you get this sub from? Thanks!

It was originally from Josh at perfect-clones.com. I bought it from RWG member Turkey last week. It's the $180-ish one with ETA movement.

BTW, it's back on the SS band already...that didn't last long. :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...
I really like the submariner on a bracelet, but I guess my wrist is too small because I just can't find a comfortable compromise with the links. :(

So, I took the black strap that came with my Archimede Pilot watch and threw it on the sub. How do you think it looks? Sorry about he quick and dirty pics...

167274-10789.jpg

167274-10790.jpg

Thanks for the input,

Not my cup of tea. What makes the watch outstanding is the bracelet. With the black strap much too monochromatic. Definitely too dull. I also have a small wrist but by playing around the bracelet is now very comfortable. Put the links back on!!! :yuk:

-- m

I like Subs on leather but... Leather is not good for diving thus, I think that leather does not work with a Sub. Now a G-10 NATO is ok, or a rubber Tropic but leather is does not work. Of course, just my opinion. Leather works with GMT since pilot watches traditionally used leather straps.

I like Subs on leather but... Leather is not good for diving thus, I think that leather does not work with a Sub. Now a G-10 NATO is ok, or a rubber Tropic but leather is does not work. Of course, just my opinion. Leather works with GMT since pilot watches traditionally used leather straps.

Some pics

167564-10736.jpg

167564-10737.jpg

167564-10738.jpg

167564-10739.jpg

Interesting, yet Panerai's are on leather and they were originally for diving.

I agree though. This particular Sub is back on the bracelet and my other one from Trusty is now on a rubber dive strap. :)

im finding it hard to go back to my stainless bracelet after getting a nato. found the plain black just too plain but have been readily enjoying the bond style. its often maligned but i do like it at the moment. as for the original post, i find the rivets too much for my own tastes but straps are a very personal thing. if you like it thats all that matters

167642-10669.jpg

167642-10670.jpg

167642-10671.jpg

Edited by thewightstuff