When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best submariner under $300?

Marksexton

I'm pretty new at this replica watch stuff.  Seems there's the BP and Noob v2 that seem to have good reviews but I have no idea what the standard prices are for these?  Does the movement look anywhere close to a gen?  I'm not looking to mod one, I just want something nice out of the box.  Thanks for your help.

Links to any that you guys have personal experience with would be awesome.

Edited by Marksexton

Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately you have just asked just about the most reviled question you could have. "Who's got the best Sub" The best bet for you is to do a lot of reading before you order because the best sub for you will be the one you pick yourself. The ones you have referenced are good choices, all the TD's carry them. Pick your TD then the watch!(look at their reviews) Don't worry about what the movement looks like as all subs are closed case back. Asian ETA clone is your best bet in the under 300 range as no one knows if you will get a fully Swiss movement if you pay for one. READ,READ,READ! Good Luck!

• Like 1

As mentioned above, the search function is your friend, there are plenty of reviews from knowledgeable members.

I purchased my first sub from a TD after some research here and all I can say is that you will find everything you need, unfortunately its like a disease I have gone from a $250 rep to a gen in the space of 5 mths :g:

I would hasten to add that I would probably suggest a M2M sale for under $300, it may not be brand new but you will have the knowledge that a member has previously done all the work and you can get an accurate report on the way it is running etc...

Obviously with the above you still need to do your homework and 'buy the seller' but there are plenty of good people here to help

TSWatch is a guy named Mark, he's been around a long time, is a TD on RWI forum I believe.

On this SL version, look at the bezel numbers, they are nice and thick, I know people are waiting for Noob v2 with thicker bezel numbers, this one has it already.

I'm no expert but, what do you think of this SL version? Looks pretty good to me