When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

45mm - too big for my wrist?

ustmisha

Measured my wrist and its exactly 16cm

So here is my 40mm PO

th_2013-12-02122011_zps57a968b8.jpg

th_2013-12-02122017_zps07074536.jpg

And here is my 45.5 PO

th_2013-12-02122047_zps23f911a1.jpg

th_2013-12-02122050_zps567f1c37.jpg

And a comparison of the 2

th_2013-12-02122129_zpsef6e2833.jpg

click on any thumbnail to see full size. Think most folks will agree not only does the 45.5 work, but it has more presence than the 40

Stephen

• 3 weeks later...

6.5" wrist here - tried on the 45mm at an AD recently, it wore way too big, looked like a platter on my wrist, I think the design makes it look bigger on the wrist than it really is.

My 44m Pams wear better.

I think it comes down to personal preference. I have a 6.5" wrist and my 45mm Ti PO on rubber looks great to me. I like watches with a large face generally but what made me go with the 45 is that I wanted a rubber strap, for a sportier and more casual look. With a t-shirt or casual jacket I prefer a bigger/chunkier watch. I also have quite large hands so that may be a factor in balancing it out a bit. For smart wear, it doesn't fit too well under my shirt cuffs, even under French cuffs. I'm a collar size 15 so I guess there would be more space in larger sizes. If I was buying one with the metal bracelet, which for me gives a dressier/smarter look, I would definitely go for the 42 for a 6.5" wrist. Some wrist shots (please ignore the soon to be replaced pearl!) anapuzuh.jpgne2e9ave.jpgpamynyqa.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I have a simple rule, if the lugs extend beyond your wrist (looking straight down) the watch is too big. If the size/fit is close and you prefer the watch then a rubber or leather band will look better than looking at the edge of a metal link.

JMHO FWIW.