When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Superocean steelfish

hawks

So, What version did you buy? Some random 21j or H-factory or what?

I actually had a better bracelet on the cheaper 21j than the asian clone H-factory one. The best of them all is on the noob superocean 44. Not a steelfish but similar bracelet and the best ive seen on a rep. Might be luck but many agree.

So post a want to buy in the proper section or get a gen?

If it's a random 21j then it's not worth investing in a gen or top grade rep bracelet. the h factory rep one isn't to bad in my experience. enjoy the watch. after a few days you may totaly forget about the bracelet issue after the things settle.

Thanks for the insights.  as you say since wearing it for a few days the bracelet issue does seem ok.

I bought it from josh as he was one of the recommended dealers on this Site.  

I ht watch for a general bracelet or maybe just buy another watch as I can see how this could get addicting.

Hi, also ordered the H Factory steelfish from Toro to EU. Inbound for several weeks now..... :fishing1: Patience, ohh patience..... If I later decide for a steelband, in EU this is an option: http://www.uhrenarmband-versand.de/Uhrenbandversand-s1050h547-Edelstahlbaender.html but first I´ll follow above tip: noob superocean 44 bracelet and ask if this is available from TD´s.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my steelfish now for about a month and have to say I still love it.  

However recently the lume seems to be sinking on many of the dots or small spots appearing.  I assume something is wrong with the lume and it will only get worse.  

Anyone have experience this before?

I've had my steelfish now for about a month and have to say I still love it.  

However recently the lume seems to be sinking on many of the dots or small spots appearing.  I assume something is wrong with the lume and it will only get worse.  

Anyone have experience this before?

Never heard of that, just lume fading or getting weaker, or falling off if the watch dropped. Or is there humidity inside? Do You have some macro-shots?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had my steelfish for a while now and when I wear it for two or three days it works fine.  However when I don't wear it for a day it stops working.  

My question is how long should the automatically movement last?

If you bought the 2836-2 clone from Toro, that could be the reason your movement is failing. In fact, that watch doesn't come with a 2836-2 clone, but a new high beat piece of junk 2813 variant. I know because I just recieved one. There are some threads about it at RWI. This is not a good development for us :(

• Like 1

Yea watch out guys.... im currently returning a sosf because it came with this new 21j non eta clone movement even though it was stated as a 2836 clone. Had to go through a lot of ball ache to even be allowed to send it back and now the vendor is ignoring all contact so fingers crossed I get it refunded....