When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Attention 6542 fans !

aeromatic

All i can say is wow and i thought i had finished with projects for a while !! the problem with building this model was finding a pan=am engraved backcase !

I can not upload the yuki photos so check out yukiwatch !!!

• Like 1

Yes Please !!!!

post-27094-0-43581900-1386170656_thumb.p

post-27094-0-35406100-1386170953_thumb.j

Not much chance of a gen dropping in my lap ! 

not in this lifetime !!!

Edited by aeromatic

Unfortunately, the caseback is laser etched, which easily/instantly IDs it as a fake. Yuki's caseback is also flat & beveled like a modern Rolex, which is incorrect for a 'bubbleback' like the '42, which was more rounded & bevel-less

Yes after looking at the photos of the gen you are right about the backcase i dident notice the laser etching i wonder why they did not fit a dome back cb like there 5513 case would have been better !!

Most (not all) aftermarket cases are assembled from off-the-shelf rep parts, which is why they often get so many obvious details wrong & also 1 of the reasons their prices are so ridiculous. In some cases, as mistakes are pointed out, the offending part gets exchanged for another part (often another rep part containing a different set of mistakes). It just seems to be the nature of the biz.

Most (not all) aftermarket cases are assembled from off-the-shelf rep parts, which is why they often get so many obvious details wrong & also 1 of the reasons their prices are so ridiculous. In some cases, as mistakes are pointed out, the offending part gets exchanged for another part (often another rep part containing a different set of mistakes). It just seems to be the nature of the biz.

Thank god for the modders! 

• 5 months later...

My ultimate grail favorite piece of all time. Started a build when I first joined the forum a few months ago but abandoned it for a while to collect more knowledge. Doing a 16750 now but will get back to this at some point. The case sets on these vintage gmts are a real PITA.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.