When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

702 tube vs 703, a question

lionsandtigers

@Dbane883.........could be that the pitch is different on a 7020 tube?If you have the different taps I could send you a useless case you could retap and try the 7020 tube to she which pitch and tap it is.

That's the problem. I only have m3 0.35 tap. I'm considering buying 0.30, 0.25 and 0.40 taps and giving them all a try.

They have use the .25 pitch for the screw-in pushers in the Daytona cases.

I was telling Lions before that I have three different 702 tubes and one I know for sure is gen. The gen one is thicker at the base than the AM ones. This weekend I can mic something up. Finals this week and next week.

hi guys; I've got some promising news; I too was unsuccesfull in trying to install a genuine 702 tube into my HH 5514 prototype case but today I received athaya's 702 tubes and this was a perfect match/ fit!! so I would suggest everyone who wants to install a 702 crown/tube combo on HH's case to use athaya's tubes :)

:tu:

hi guys; I've got some promising news; I too was unsuccesfull in trying to install a genuine 702 tube into my HH 5514 prototype case but today I received athaya's 702 tubes and this was a perfect match/ fit!! so I would suggest everyone who wants to install a 702 crown/tube combo on HH's case to use athaya's tubes :):tu:
I got my gen tube to fit the HH case but its wasn't a straight forward process. 1) retap the case 2) slight sand down the threads of the tube because the 702 is slightly wider than 3.00mms 3) chamfer the top of the tube opening on the case. Then and only then will it fit. Oh and then you have to broach/reem the splines inside the tube with a conical file. Otherwise the crown will not fit. Crazy crazy system the 702. 4a6a3u9y.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pics of Athaya's tube made the smooth part look a little shorter than on pictures of gen tubes on VRF. At least that was my impression. My aftermarket tube looks like the gen pictures I have seen.

Can someone describe the gasket situation on a 702 crown. Is there a gasket in the crown or just in the tube?

The pics of Athaya's tube made the smooth part look a little shorter than on pictures of gen tubes on VRF. At least that was my impression. My aftermarket tube looks like the gen pictures I have seen. Can someone describe the gasket situation on a 702 crown. Is there a gasket in the crown or just in the tube?
There is a large flat gasket in the crown. Two o rings in the tube. Some tubes have a thin flat gasket between the tube and the case. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a cross section of a 701 combo, they're nearly identical to the 702.  You can see an o-ring that fits snug around the center post.  When you screw it down that forces the o-ring into a cutaway in the end of the tube for the seal.  It also shows the 2 o-rings inside the tube.

triplockcrown701.jpg