When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Poll--closed

Richard Tracy

Which watch would you buy ?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Divers Watches

• Divers Watch - Blancpain 50 Fathoms
    • Divers Watch - GP Sea Hawk
    • Divers Watch - Iwc Aquatimer
    • Divers Watch - Chopard
    • Chronograph Swiss 7750 - Brequet
    • Chronograph Swiss 7750 - Ebel
    • Chronograph Swiss 7750 - Tiffany
    • Dress and Other Mentions - Lange
    • Dress and Other Mentions - Zenith

As listed above,....

Sorry, but you can only select One!

No other pieces are going to be considered...

Divers

160446-12348.jpg

160446-12349.jpg

160446-12350.jpg

160446-12351.jpg

Chronographs

160446-12352.jpg

160446-12353.jpg

160446-12354.jpg

Dress & Other Mentions

160446-12355.jpg

160446-12356.jpg

Please note:

1. Since the vintage 300m is not easily available for purchase.. it was not added.

2. I did notice all the mentions of the JLC memovox,

however the movement restrictions that Jay layed out prevent us from

replicating it.

Thanks for your opinions.....^_^

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These are some great choices here - nice job sifting through the noise

Here is my opinion

i think the blancpain 50 fathoms is cool

I think the chopard -is great

I think the zenith is TOTALLY DIFFERENT from anything else out there-

VOTE ZENITH- REAL WATCH COLLECTORS NEED A ZENITH FOR SOME REASOn MY ZENITH VOTE ISN"T SHOWING UP

Comments on the others -

Divers Watch - GP Sea Hawk - this thing is ugly

Divers Watch - Iwc Aquatimer - pick one of the other 10 IWC's out there that looks the same

Chronograph Swiss 7750 - Brequet - its ok - i wouldn't buy it

Chronograph Swiss 7750 - Ebel - probably looks better in photo than in person

Chronograph Swiss 7750 - Tiffany - seen lots of better tiffany

Dress and Other Mentions - Lange - there are 2 hundred reps like this

Here is my opinion

VOTE ZENITH- REAL WATCH COLLECTORS NEED A ZENITH

Comments on the others -

Divers Watch - Iwc Aquatimer - pick one of the other 10 IWC's out there that looks the same

Pho...

Can you PLEASE tell us what you really think?

Don't hold back now...

Let it out dude...

:lol:

TT

I pretty much agree. Every watch enthusiast should aspire to own a Zenith, but not any Zenith, an El Primiro. The first auto chrono ever made and still in production. The rival is no longer in production, the cal 11. It is the El Primiro that put zenith on the map and keeps them on the map. I don't think the desireability of Zenith lies in the name or the design, but the movement.

Thom

Here is my opinion

VOTE ZENITH- REAL WATCH COLLECTORS NEED A ZENITH

Comments on the others -

Pho...

Can you PLEASE tell us what you really think?

Don't hold back now...

Let it out dude...

:lol:

TT

yeah, i didn't go crazy in the last thread - i think this is going to be a girard iwc showdown - when i think even though the girard is different- eh, its not my style. I think that chopard is 2nd on my list especially wiht the SS band.

But - its a shame we don't have any good zenith's seeing as they played an important part of watch history.

I have a 90% belief that i won't be interested in the winning voter here :) so, i thought maybe i would just throw out some positives and negatives

Can I take my vote back ?

I want that Chopard !... What a Gorgeous Watch ! :wub:

i agree - on both counts, beut - and wish i could fix my vote cause its not showing zenith

I pretty much agree. Every watch enthusiast should aspire to own a Zenith, but not any Zenith, an El Primiro. The first auto chrono ever made and still in production. The rival is no longer in production, the cal 11. It is the El Primiro that put zenith on the map and keeps them on the map. I don't think the desireability of Zenith lies in the name or the design, but the movement.

Thom

agree 100% - I have a zenith fetish :) and i'll take what i can get - it won't win anyway :)

In the spirit of christmas....phoband.....easter.....I want a Rolex.

LOL, juuuuuust kidding, I want that Chopard, now!

By the way....Sea Hawk looks like s*it on that strap....needs either a solid black or brown or the band....(still got my vote though...since thats an easy fix :)

WHAT :) i am not trying to be mean, just making some points to influence votes :) thats why you post in these threads right :) so i did a little negative campaigning, i'm in politics what da ya want from me

:thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

i'll shut up now anyway :) - so maybe i should focus on the chopard, just like john mccain may not be my favorite but has the best chance to win :)

WHAT :) i am not trying to be mean, just making some points to influence votes :) thats why you post in these threads right :) so i did a little negative campaigning, i'm in politics what da ya want from me

:thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

i'll shut up now anyway :) - so maybe i should focus on the chopard, just like john mccain may not be my favorite but has the best chance to win :)

You know I love ya man! All opinions are welcomed I hope! ^_^

But definately......the Chopard.......really.....

so it looks like we may need to start the vote over again, perhaps some of us have changed our minds. This is of course far too important to be less than exactly accurate.

Thom

and i really want the Chopard :Jumpy:

Word! I demand a re-count.....which is something half the Venezuelan population will be saying after elections are over on Monday :lol:

so it looks like we may need to start the vote over again, perhaps some of us have changed our minds. This is of course far too important to be less than exactly accurate.

There will be more than enough votes to offset the first 7 that were placed prior to adding the Chopard...

TT

Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard Chopard.......which is why I want the Sea Hawk......lol.....juuuuuuust kidding.......CHOPARD!

The Chopard LUC Pro Diver is hands down the most beautifu sports watch made--clean but interesting, as elegant as any Cartier but w/ no ne of the fussiness...a perfect design, IMO But its beauty depends on the bezel and flawless fit and finish, neither of whcih could ever be repped at any price we cheapskates would ever pay.

So I voted for the Lange which just might be simple enough to get damn close to on-the-wrist perfection with some professional polishing and a decent replating job.