When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Poll--closed

Richard Tracy

Which watch would you buy ?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Divers Watches

• Divers Watch - Blancpain 50 Fathoms
    • Divers Watch - GP Sea Hawk
    • Divers Watch - Iwc Aquatimer
    • Divers Watch - Chopard
    • Chronograph Swiss 7750 - Brequet
    • Chronograph Swiss 7750 - Ebel
    • Chronograph Swiss 7750 - Tiffany
    • Dress and Other Mentions - Lange
    • Dress and Other Mentions - Zenith

An earlier post said the Lange looked like a hundred other dress watches. I think there is a lack of accurate replicas of beautiful, simple watches. I haven't found a Patek or a Vacheron that doesn't have major issues. Maybe I've just had my fill of complications. I would love to see a 1-1 replica of this beautiful tribute watch.

No offense but another gadget tool watch is something we already have lots of examples of.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That Brequet is outstanding, gets my vote. My 2nd choice was the Zenith. I like them both, but I'd give a kidney for a good quality rep of that Brequet.

Beyond that, thanks to RT and Co. for even asking the community what we'd like to see produced. Just another reason this place is special.

Actually, I wouldn't mind any of them. I love almost all kinds of watches. Zenith hmm... one of my favourite brands... but that particular model isn't my "cup of tea". And I perfectly understand the need of the SeaHawk... so many members want it. If it gets replicated I'm happy for them. That's very original design and nice watch. Just not for me.

Breguet Transatlantic... well what can I say? It's magnificient watch, but way overboard for an average guy like me. :)

I don't understand why some members need to attack other people's tastes. Higly subjective matter... and definitely not worth getting into an argument. Some like the mother, others love the daughter, etc...

Go Lange!!!

We need at least 1 good lange rep ;)

Slay

Lange is a GREAT WATCH :thumbsupsmileyanim:

but it is IMPOSSIBLE to replicate it... this movement is UNBELIEVABLE

which movement you will used for Lange replica? ETA 2836-2??? Looks total different from genuine :yucky:

but on Seahwawk it is a solid caseback, so you can´t see the wrong movement from replica version.

Edited by tourbillon1801

An earlier post said the Lange looked like a hundred other dress watches. I think there is a lack of accurate replicas of beautiful, simple watches. I haven't found a Patek or a Vacheron that doesn't have major issues. Maybe I've just had my fill of complications. I would love to see a 1-1 replica of this beautiful tribute watch.

No offense but another gadget tool watch is something we already have lots of examples of.

You should have got the solid gold Franck Muller Casablanca for your dress watch :D

that's as accurate as you'll ever get in a rep... I don't think it even needs mods and uses the same movement as the genuine! :victory:

Slay

which movement you will used for Lange replica? ETA 2836-2??? Looks total different from genuine :yucky:

but on Seahwawk it is a solid caseback, so you can´t see the wrong movement from replica version.

They can do a solid caseback or whatsoever. the Lange has no complications on the front and a 6497 would work good in that watch. The casing could probably be 1:1 and as long as the dial is 1:1 and the casing, I dont care!

As for the seahawk, I doubt Jay can do it so easily. You know why? Because it has a Power Reserve indicator. To replicate this, they would have to modify the ETA movements which I HIGHLY doubt they CAN and WILL do. As we said, NO complications and I count the power reserve indicator as a complication ;)

btw. my 2nd choice would have been the ebel!

Slay

I agree ... we have already see reps with ETA 2892 (my choice) with SOPRAS Power Reserve module in the PAM027 and PAM028 :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I know someone is going to hate me for this,..but I feel that it's very important

that we get this right the first time.

So... if you like a particular brand, but hate the watch choice,...

then post what you feel would be better, .. keeping in mind of course

the movements, of eta-2836/2824/2892/6497, and now eta 7750,

and cost of gen to as close to $6,000 as possible, plus the labor to produce.

Just keep within the brands already posted... ^_^

If the chart changes, I may have to reset the vote...

But only once...

I know someone is going to hate me for this,..but I feel that it's very important

that we get this right the first time.

So... if you like a particular brand, but hate the watch choice,...

then post what you feel would be better, .. keeping in mind of course

the movements, of eta-2836/2824/2892/6497, and now eta 7750,

and cost of gen to as close to $6,000 as possible, plus the labor to produce.

Just keep within the brands already posted... ^_^

If the chart changes, I may have to reset the vote...

But only once...

your doing a good job - thanks for the hard work.

i can't believe ebel is getting support. i'm positive that it looks very cool in the photo, but won't be eye popping on the wrist

i'm sticking with Zenith 1- Chopard 2

Please please please correct me if im wrong but i dont think the power reserve on the Seahawk can be replicated!!!!!

If we use the ETA 2892 with SOPROD Power reserve, i think the Power reserve indicator moves in a clockwise direction. ie starting from the upper left which would be zero and moving to the upper right which would be full power.

The Seahawk's Power reserve is opposite to this. Its Power reserve moves in an anticlockwise direction ie starting from the bottom left which would be zero and moving to the bottom right which would be full power.

So this to me means that the soprod ETA 2892 movement cant be used, maybe the Seahawk has a special movement??

Please someone tell me ive been staring at this screen for too long.....

Please please please correct me if im wrong but i dont think the power reserve on the Seahawk can be replicated!!!!!

If we use the ETA 2892 with SOPROD Power reserve, i think the Power reserve indicator moves in a clockwise direction. ie starting from the upper left which would be zero and moving to the upper right which would be full power.

The Seahawk's Power reserve is opposite to this. Its Power reserve moves in an anticlockwise direction ie starting from the bottom left which would be zero and moving to the bottom right which would be full power.

So this to me means that the soprod ETA 2892 movement cant be used, maybe the Seahawk has a special movement??

I have faith that is this is chosen the makers even id they have to make a modual will do it right, come on vote for sea hawk!!!!!!!

No problem:

Using the PAM028 as an example (one that I have)... the arrow faces up and goes from left to right.

Now on the GP Seahawk, the arrow faces down and goes from right to left.

This is exactly the same (just extend the arrows over/below the x-axis and you will see what I mean).

So I think this should be no problem...

Now add options of titanium or steel... different dial types, and the option of rubber or steel bracelet (and aftermarket straps)... this one will be damn good :thumbsupsmileyanim:

No problem:

Using the PAM028 as an example (one that I have)... the arrow faces up and goes from left to right.

Now on the GP Seahawk, the arrow faces down and goes from right to left.

This is exactly the same (just extend the arrows over/below the x-axis and you will see what I mean).

So I think this should be no problem...

Now add options of titanium or steel... different dial types, and the option of rubber or steel bracelet (and aftermarket straps)... this one will be damn good :thumbsupsmileyanim:

cheers :1a:

your doing a good job - thanks for the hard work.

i can't believe ebel is getting support. i'm positive that it looks very cool in the photo, but won't be eye popping on the wrist

i'm sticking with Zenith 1- Chopard 2

Thanks Phobo...

I too, hope for another result... wishing a 40 to 42mm watch will win this first time....

but we will all go with the flow, and hope for the best... :D

The Sea Hawk II Pro is a fairly simple case to make.....and as for the power reserve.....it should be easy enough..it has all the right aspects.....from a great manufacture........very different deployant from what we generally see.....clean dial....( who was it that mentioned "thin' dial printing....somebody send him a new monitor).....great choice of rubber band...as well as steel and leather.....did I mention that it has TWO HRV'S......and they're not from Honda.....!

THEY CAN BE FOUND UNDER $5000...!

TheZenith chrono is a dog's dinner in design terms.....look at the bezel...it should be called a Zodiac.....with stars and hex screws and squares...trapezoidal markers.....it looks like it was designed a commitee at Bedlam...!

The Ebel chrono is a nice watch....but it's a chrono again...with a lot of the attendant problems that come with chronos......besides which..Ebel doesn't have great cachet.....I should know...I have an Ebel Tarawa that impresses nobody....!

The Chopard is from a good house...but has too much of a tendency to be haute joallerie........plus put the logo INVICTA on the dial and it would be right at home.....conventional case.....convential bezel....just not striking enough looking as dive watch...a little bit ...'pink'...trying to be butch...!

Edited by TTK