When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Poll--closed

Richard Tracy

Which watch would you buy ?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Divers Watches

• Divers Watch - Blancpain 50 Fathoms
    • Divers Watch - GP Sea Hawk
    • Divers Watch - Iwc Aquatimer
    • Divers Watch - Chopard
    • Chronograph Swiss 7750 - Brequet
    • Chronograph Swiss 7750 - Ebel
    • Chronograph Swiss 7750 - Tiffany
    • Dress and Other Mentions - Lange
    • Dress and Other Mentions - Zenith

The Chopard LUC Pro Diver is hands down the most beautifu sports watch made--clean but interesting, as elegant as any Cartier but w/ no ne of the fussiness...a perfect design, IMO But its beauty depends on the bezel and flawless fit and finish, neither of whcih could ever be repped at any price we cheapskates would ever pay.

So I voted for the Lange which just might be simple enough to get damn close to on-the-wrist perfection with some professional polishing and a decent replating job.

you voted for the Lange? thats like a 3rd party vote! you threw it away.

as for the recount, just wait til Kevin gets back!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hard to decide , no ???

I will follow the "decide by elimination" technique.

ELIMINATED (personal opinions - dont want to offend anybody)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Blancpain 50 Fathoms: Not really. (Ugly Rubber band. With this bezel reminds me Chanel watches. With SS band looks ... very common and usual watch. Is it 40 mm dia ??)

- Iwc Aquatimer: Not really. Soon the market will be packed with these (CHN rep makers are already make them)

- Chopard Pro One: Even though nice, Not really (reminds me very much the Paul Picot Prol and I think I have already seen some bad reps of it in ioffer so to a degree is already out there)

- Tifany & Co: Aren't these guys making fashion Jewelry ??? Not really.

- Lange: Not really (I have already 4 dress watches)

- Zenith: Not really ( With this bezel with stars looks like an "Americas Army watch" .... and the ss band ...is that kitchen tool for making cheese salad ?)

.....now we are left with:

- GP Sea Hawk

- Brequet

- Ebel

Hard to decide ...... thinking , thinking ..... :g:

who the hell is voting for that Ebel? Blah! :yuk:

I did.

as always. I guess i just have to hope better taste will prevail. :D

Yeah... I agree. We need more thread crapping assclowns with bending Paris Hiltons on their avatar. :lol:

Time to decide. :wounded1:

What we are left then ??:

- Girard-Perregaux The Sea Hawk

- Breguet Transatlantique XXL

- EBEL 1911 BTR GMT

BTW: I love them all. If one of these comes up (plus some others previously eliminated) I will propably get them ..... though I will not loose my sleep for them.

Here we go. Elimination Technique again.

ELIMINATED

---------------

- Girard-Perregaux The Sea Hawk: Love it. 42 mm watch. But another divers watch ??? Not for any timne of the day. So I will skip this one

- EBEL 1911 BTR GMT: Love it. 44.5 mm watch. Unusual. Not any reps around. Dressy and casual. But ... I dont know ... maybe the screws on the bezel ??? My heart is bleeding .... but I will skip this one (sorry By_Tor).

MY WINNER :1a:

--------------

- Breguet Transatlantique XXL: 42.5 watch. Dressy and casual. No reps arounds, 10+ combos to choose with. One of the best dials. An "Aeronavale" model can also be produced out of this. Ladies models also availbale (if any ladies want to vote)

post-106-1165128779_thumb.jpg post-106-1165128794_thumb.jpg post-106-1165128818_thumb.jpg post-106-1165128839_thumb.jpg

post-106-1165128858_thumb.jpg post-106-1165128878_thumb.jpg post-106-1165128902_thumb.jpg post-106-1165128924_thumb.jpg

post-106-1165128948_thumb.jpg post-106-1165129024_thumb.jpg post-106-1165129044_thumb.jpg post-106-1165129066_thumb.jpg

post-106-1165129085_thumb.jpg post-106-1165129106_thumb.jpg post-106-1165129139_thumb.jpg

More:

http://www.prestigetime.com/items.php?acti...to=&start=0

There is a Chopard dealer around the corner from me and it is they have great looking watches. The divers is an amazing one also.

Voted for GP Seahawk - hopefully a genuine titanium version will be produced :1a:

voted for GP Seahawk, too -hopfully a polish steel model will be produced :bleh:

Chronus... i think if Seahawk wins, it will produced in steel and titanium. No Problem.

but if Ebel wins, i will end my membership :whistling:

Thor why Ebel??? :bangin:

Uh.

Not a great selection in my opinion but it's only a matter of taste (i'm sure each member here would have a completely different list). :)

Breguet looks very nice but i wonder if the Flyback Chronograph Function is replicable.

If it wasn't we probabily should replace it with a different chrono.

I'm almost sure Richard considered this point before selecting it.

GP, i like the 42mm diameter model or the 40mm diameter with ss bracelet version.

Black or blue dial.

160574-12328.jpg

Support ZENITH.... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

160588-12319.jpg

160588-12320.jpg

160588-12321.jpg

160588-12322.jpg

160588-12323.jpg

This Zenith is one of the "only" Zenith easy to replicate.... Not really ?

The stars on the bezel are only the logo of Zenith.. the ss band is one of

the visual symbols of Defy design... similar to the Link bracelet of Tag-Heur...

Support the first high-level Zenith Replica with A/R !!!

Edited by MAHLER

I did.

Yeah... I agree. We need more thread crapping assclowns with bending Paris Hiltons on their avatar. :lol:

wow, you seem a bit irascible. Name calling, i would expect more from someone who holds themselves in such high regard. And not sure who you mean about paris hilton on their avatar. Dude, get over yourself.

Thom