When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seamaster Chronograph Torino Winter Olympics 2005

docblackrock

Hi doc...I'm the last person in the world to dislike ANY Omega. But I don't like this particular model too much.

I could live with those huge hour numerals but that weird, oversized Omega text & logo kills it for me. I guess I'm too conservative.

but that weird, oversized Omega text & logo kills it for me. I guess I'm too conservative.

Could be, or maybe I'm too eclectic? :whistling:

:D actually you know that's what I thought at first but the logo sort of grew on me esp on this model (it looks weird on other dials), that and the retro-looking numeral indices. The red-needled subdials are very sharp, set off the black dial very well. Add in the black rubber strap and you have a winner IMO.

Yeah. You know what I like. :D

I'm not too crazy about ANY of the Omega Special Editions. Bond, Olympics, etc. A bit cheesy (imho). The old 007 SMP is nice though... but I still prefer the standard version.

To follow on Jonathan's comment, I don't know why you don't see the 6-9-12 orientation Speedmasters. The problem with the moonwatch and broad arrow is the incorrect subdial spacing - sorry, I just can't get over this obvious flaw.

Repping one of the 6-9-12's with the 7750-like spacing would allow a near perfect rep ala the tag chrono...

I would love to see either of these...

162520-11954.jpg