When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where to buy "captains watch" = Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra with white dial and blue hands

laslopanaflex

Hey guys!

I am new here so i would like to introduce myself:

My name is Florian, i am 28 years old and i am from germany.

My question:

Where to buy this watch:

Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra (the model with the white dial and blue hands)

I am sorry i can not post a link or a pic in this thread.

Whats about the quality/flaws of this? I did not find any QC or real life pics of the rep.

Triangle shipping is a must have, as i am in germany.

Thank you for your help

Florian

Not personally but there is a post here that goes in detail......

I will search

Well into this post the watch is reviewed

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/160189-anyone-interested-in-getting-an-aqua-terra-repped/

I have heard a decent review from GrimReaper85 and a bad review of the watch from King Bach. The first has already been referenced above, the second is here:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/165920-review-of-trusty-time-planet-ocean-aqua-terra-and-constellation/

I too am interested in a quality rep of the aqua terra. Being in your position, I'd advise you to either wait for Puretime (Angus)'s rendition or choose another watch if you want a quality rep that will both look good and behave as expected.

Apparently these reps are second rate with not great detailing on the dial, lack the advertised AR coating on the crystal, and house shoddily compiled, used, decrepit ETA movements from who knows where. I'd be fine with this if it was $100, but at $328... That's a no go.

I've been waiting for Angus 's return to inquire about his AT but he's on sick leave. If this continues for a while, I'm just going to get the Omega CrPO from Puretime because its been reviewed as a quality rep.

Good hunting.

Here are my reviews/pictures of Captain's:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/160189-anyone-interested-in-getting-an-aqua-terra-repped/page-6#entry1280126

I must add, that just after 2 months, the power reserve dropped from 40 to 37 hours. Still not a big deal, and the watch still works.

Altough not a perfect rep, you must ask yourself, what more do you get with a gen watch. Gerlach Batory is quite similar to Captain's, is also 300€, has white dial and blue hands, but I can also find a lot of flaws:
-scratches on polished surfaces, like case side and crown
-a lot of dust under the glass
-very loud rotor on ST25 movement
And when I decided to remove the rotor and clean the glass I also noticed fingerprints on the rotor.

Also the latest acquisition, the 800€ Seiko Brightz SDGC027, has some minor flaws. The dial is even more complicated, there are a lot more grooves on it, so as expected, there are two minor flaws on it, nothing I couldn't live with, but still.
So the AT isn't that bad, I can't see more than 3 flaws on the dial, if I don't look very close or with a loupe.

To conclude, you don't get much more with gens, and finding a perfect watch can be a painful process.
And if you know how to change the movement in case of problems, or if you know a good watchmaker, I would still recommend the AT. You get a lot of watch for just 300€.
For example, you need to go into 800€+ range to get the same quality gen watch, for example my Seiko. Case, bracelet and dial (minus some minor flaws) can easily compare. The biggest difference remains the better movement in a gen. And the AR is amazing on Seiko.

I see KingBach also had problems with AT movement.
Edited by GrimReaper85