When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

John Dillinger

hambone

Several members have asked me about my avatar and connection with the infamous and notorious bank robber from the 1930's, John Dillinger. Back...  way back in the 1700's one of my relatives had an affair with a German, while visiting Frankfurt, from Finland. They produced a child , who emigrated to the USA and he married,

had two girls and a son whose wife later gave birth  in Indiana to John Herbert Dillinger. I felt no reason at all to disclose this info, but you guys here bring out the secrets in me for some odd reason. Perhaps it is the semi anonymous nature of the internet, even though it is easy to verify. or simply that one feels comfortable and among friends here at RWG. A truly great place to hang your hat and lean your Tommy gun against the wall.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Weirder things have happened. My shyness about this connection was instilled

In me by my late Grandma. She said that never should I bring shame on the family

by disclosing this story. Hey. I think it is way cool. Johnny was a rascal, raconteur ,

and I believe him to be one of the great , yet notorious personalities of the 1930's.

John was an actor on the stage of life and gave an academy award winning performance in his all

to brief career.