When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

16610lv z-serie gen

sputim

Acquired some nice reps and decent gens (e.g. tissot, certina) over times. Now, I am really on the fence to acquire a gen 16610lv z serie in mint condition. It's definitely my grail watch, thats for sure, and it would be a keeper for me. So just let me know what you think and whether this is a good point in time for this decision or not. Cheers :)

Very hard call without price further details, all papers  ,service history etc. Now it is a keeper and may very well be a forever watch for you but that info will tell whether it is a good investment. Yes investment high end watches like this appreciate over time dependent on info I asked about. On the timing front hard to say that is dependent on your financial situation, if you are asking about Rolex market at this time others will have to chime in I have no idea.

So service history is not known (probably not serviced) but runs to cosc specs and is in mint condition and comes with box, US papers and handtags. Priced around 6.6k with insured shipping included. Dealer very reputable over at TRF. Hope it helps and thanks for your comments. Watch would definitely be a keeper for me but in case i needed money I want to br able to sell it without much loss.

Talking about the "lunette verte" so the green bezel one with maxi dial ;) I guess it's pretty much the going rate rightnow for a watch in this condition. And I feel comfortable with this dealer since he has a lot of positive feedback. Rather pay 100 bucks more but have a good feeling passing this amount of money overseas ;) According to my research price is about average in us area. Nevertheless, would be happy if an expert could chime in.

I still regret passing over one several years ago in Mexico. I was at an AD and was asking $6k USD for a brand new LV. He was willing to negotiate a little. I tried to convince the wife that this watch would increase in value and that it was a safe investment. No go.

A few later, I was at an AD in Vancouver. Only had the ceramic LV which wasn't for me. I asked if he has the old one. Looked in the back and came back with a brand new LV! He said "it's the old model, not as good as the new one. Can't really budget on this one so how about $6k CDN". Very tempting but I passed again - did not want to pay taxes!

I ended up buying a used one for roughly the same amount.

or you could do as I did

- Had a franken TC sub with a gen LV bezel

- brought a gen 16610 for ~$5k

-Sold the TC sub but kept the gen bezel

-put the bezel in my gen 16610

-brought a maxi dial and hands for ~ $550

-installed the maxi hands and dial into my gen 16610  which increased the value of the sub by at least $1500.

plus I still have the original dial, hands, and bezel that came with the gen sub

but back to op question.

A z series LV sub for ~$6500 is about right. I think the z series was the last year of the 16610LV before they went to the hulk so I think they are worth a little more. But I could be mistaken

Edited by HartDoc

That sounds like an interesting mod! So you built your gen sub yourself :D I guess was the last serie before they introduced the rehaut engraving. So I guess M serie was the one before they introduced the Hulk but I am definitely no expert on that.

Thanks for your input :)