When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pilot Watch Obsession?

Cromag

I finally completed my IWC pilot watch collection! Yea! You can pro'ly tell I prefer the bracelet to the strap. It's only because the large gaps between the strap and case make the watch seem far to big on my skinny wrist IMHO. From left to right: Mark XVI, Mark XVII, 3717, 3777, 3717 and the strap is on another older model XVII. mapugy2a.jpgyjuhame5.jpg

• Like 1

What draws me to the pilot watch is the high contrast easy to read dial. My skinny wrist limits me to only bracelet models otherwise I'd be all over the BP 5002 and 5004 and an Exupery Chrono. -I think the next one might be the Laureus 3717-12 with its blue dial and raised numbers :)http://pureti.me/product/spitfire-chrono-edition-laureus-sport-for-good-foundatio/ The middle 3717 is stock rep. It's a really fine example of a great rep. The 3717 on the far right is gen. All the dials typically do look high contrast on their own in different light but the middle 3717 is best and how I prefer they all look. I need to redo the AR on the gen as it's a bit scratched up. But I don't think it will have as high of contrast as the rep. I purposefully tried to capture this exact contrast comparison detail in the photos.

Have to agree there too, A very nice collection there Cromag.

I think I’ve got a thing for IWC Pilot watches too. At this stage I’ve only got two, A Mark XV and XVI,

both on straps.

Might look at getting a bracelet for each as I too have skinny wrist, never thought to look at it that way.

Cheers canon750

Thanks again guys. :) @Torobravo Let's see the homage though I hope it is a homage to the original historical BP. Oh BTW do you sell the 3717-12? Shoot us a link or pic if you do. @canon750 I'm not sure they make rep bracelet versions of the XV or XVI. @dutchguy2 retrofitted a Mark XV bracelet onto an XVI and I bought it from him. It's the most comfortable of the lot, though my new XVII is super comfy too with its light weight bracelet and micro adjusting clasp.

• 1 month later...

Just got my 3717 back from service at IWC. The put on a new dial, hands and crystal.

uje2y2yq.jpg

Was there something wrong with the old dials/hands?

New parts + servicing = 5 rep 3717s, eh?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

You need to ask? :)

From day 1 I have always maintained that I would use reps the find models I love enough to buy gen. This is one such model. I have two or three more to and to my Rolex, add Anonimo gen stable. A PAM111 type, a 42mm polished Radiomir, and another Rolex 116613LB or GMT, and possibly another Pilot watch :). The 3777

urevapy3.jpg

Radiomir42mma.jpg

EFCA86B0-B6EF-4E1D-B598-E47B8C309849-112

3u8asabu.jpg

ne9a3u9u.jpg

Edited by Cromag

• 1 year later...