When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seiko.....woooooohoooo

whoever

Just received my MM300 today and am happy as hell :D

mobile.27267set.jpg

Guess I have to buy me a GS one day :)

Now that's a Gen worth the money.

My first dive watch back about 1970 was a Seiko that looked a lot like this, although I'm sure that this is a MUCH more expensive version.  I was living in Guantanamo Bay, the US Navy Base in Cuba at the time, and diving every week.  When I left in 1976, there is no telling how many dives it had been on and I wore it for many years after that.

What can this watch be bought for these days?  If you decide you don't like it, please let me know.

Bill

:D...sorry mate...I love it :D

The MM300 retails here in Germany for 2k€. I think it'll be avail in the US of A for less...maybe something around 1.8k$.

I do have a pair of Olongapos from the Master himself Jaffy Jurado. I'll try if they fit the MM...will be a killer on the Olongapos, pretty sure :D

Sent from my wooden drums using Tupperware

Hi Aarvidson, base watch was from creation watches (very fast shippers/reliable), lumed bezel insert cost $50 but well worth it/dial/hands all from Yobokies. There are other versions with the 3-6-9 dial and a date-window but it wasn't available when I ordered. Now got used to this and prefer the gilt dial. Specially in the US on ebay You find ready-assembled ones with more or less components. SNZH55 = silver-version SNZH57 = gold-version.

Congrats Docthor, REALLY nice piece!!!!

Also I'm pointing out to this, as day-by-day strong and reliable one (also because I'm not finding a Pilot that I really like AND that is reliable in the rep market):

600x600-2014041700001.jpg

The only thing I don't like in that one is the mineral glass :(

seing alot of seiko 42mm 7002 modded pieces on ebay.com from usa seller. would you stay away from a modded seiko? mods are tri colour hands and gmy bezel.

also spotted a modded Skx009 with MODIFIED, BEZEL, MINUTE RING, SAPHIRE GLASS. is it logical to mod a seiko as you can get a decent 5 sports for circa £150.

are these mods normally done to the older style seiko divers as I read that the 7002 is late 80's to late 90's run.

your thoughts

D.

Hi, the SNZH and the SKX are very easy to modify as You just unscrew the back and after releasing the stem the movement just drops out as a whole (no screws etc.) There is an immense range of modding parts from Blancpain to Tudor and Seiko, Bezelrings, hands, dials in all colours and shades, modern or vintage available which are specifically made so they will fit and drop in perfectly. Take a look at Dagaz and Yobokies to get the idea and have fun:)