When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bell & Ross 46mm X 46mm Ultimate Br-01-92 From Trusty

solicitor

Hell, mine broke down within two days of owning it. The dealer, to his credit, offered to replace the whole watch, but I didn't want to wait (and pay shipping) so I just had my local guy work on it. He said the movement was [censored], too. Anyone know how much a gen 2892 goes for? I meant to ask my watch guy but forgot. I"m sick and tired of overpromise/outright lies from the dealers. It ain't a 2892 and it ain't superlume.

Anyone who has the pvd version...is it really pvd?

Still, the watch does look good on the wrist, though.

Yeah, really nice watch - an "eye-catcher" on your wrist.

I have bought this one too - and I am very disappointed...

The watch is advertised to have ETA-2892 movement and

Super Luminova applied to the Dial and markers.

Well, the Lume is just standard - far far away from SL !

It dosn't even glow as bright as SL when looking at it

**immediately** after charging it. And after 20 seconds

it's as low as we all know it from our other reps...

Movement ? Well, that's the next joke. Like Finepics said

(and he showed some quick pictures of the movement in another

Thread) the movement is very very crappy and nowhere near

an ETA-2892 and nowhere near a 2892-Copy !!! An example for

2892-Copy-movements is FM-2892 and Omega AT 2892 just look

through the pictures of our Dealers to see how they should look like.

By the way: the rotor of this movement is loud and the winding (IF you wind

it manually) feels crappy.

But now comes the hardest disappointment for me:

I contacted the Dealer about this, his comment: I can

replace you the watch but you'll get one with the same movement.

It's 28'800 bph and 21J - you can test that...

Well, so we are in a completely new situation meanwhile...

It was ok to get copy-movements, mixed-movements, pay sapphire

and get mineral (you remember this issue with the 47mm panerais ?).

But now - we have to accept to buy (and pay premium!) for a 2892 movement

(let's not care about ETA or Copy...) and then receive ANYTHING that

has the same beat-rate and jewels ???

I'm really really unhappy about this and will continue trying to resolve this

with the dealer...

More than you paid for the watch.

I figured that. But, the watch is accurate-looking enough it may be worth it. If I was willing to toss a VJ72 into a Daytona rep, this isn't that big a deal by comparison. If you actually know the price, let me know.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the screws/pins on the damn thing broke when I tried to put on my genuine nylon/velcro strap.

Why do we do this again? :black_eye: :black_eye:

I figured that. But, the watch is accurate-looking enough it may be worth it. If I was willing to toss a VJ72 into a Daytona rep, this isn't that big a deal by comparison. If you actually know the price, let me know.

About $250-$280 on the Ofrei site, iirc.

I was hoping for a bigger second hand anchor and real screws on the back. This comes with superlume right?

Hi all,

I'm brand new to the list, and I would love to have a excellent rep of the BR01-94 or the BR01-92 limited editions.

I love these watches. I got a chance last week to look at one at a jeweler in Brisbane. Amazing. I'd be willing to spend the extra $ on a proper rep.

Does anyone know if a more accurate version is in the works?

I also got a look at the U-Boat Thousands of Feet...Similar look, and quite amazing as well.

cheers,

@larstetens

at the moment just forget a good BR01-94 copy. This chrono is just offered with a quartz movement and the subdials does not suit acc. to the original one (which uses an ETA 2894).

I own a BR01-92 limited edition in black with orange markers and I can confirm the above comments regarding the movt., really low quality - I would have preferred an ETA 2824 in this. By the way, the orange markers does not even glow a bit. Dark as the night :D

@larstetens

at the moment just forget a good BR01-94 copy. This chrono is just offered with a quartz movement and the subdials does not suit acc. to the original one (which uses an ETA 2894).

I own a BR01-92 limited edition in black with orange markers and I can confirm the above comments regarding the movt., really low quality - I would have preferred an ETA 2824 in this. By the way, the orange markers does not even glow a bit. Dark as the night :D

Playlife,

I'd love to see some pictures of your watch. Is the orange color on the hands uniform in it opacity? It looks like, on the dealer pics, that it goes a little white around the edges. Can you confirm? Also, how is the PVD? Is it PVD? Any way to compare the shade to that of a gen? There are pretty hi-res shots of them at bellandross.com.

Thanks.

Anyone know how much a gen 2892 goes for? I meant to ask my watch guy but forgot. I"m sick and tired of overpromise/outright lies from the dealers. It ain't a 2892 and it ain't superlume.

tourbillon1801 was selling genuine Swiss-made ETA 2892 for around USD$ 170 I think.

Check trading area for his info.

Anybody know if there will be an orange superlume pvd non-chrono (BR 01-92) with swiss mov't? If so, when? Thanks guys, :wub:

You might as well buy the Gen! LOL. Get real - everyone would like those specs! It just ain't gonna happen. :whistling:

You might as well buy the Gen! LOL. Get real - everyone would like those specs! It just ain't gonna happen. :whistling:

Fair enough. But at least superlume it!? Those who commission decent quality reps must realize that with a strong utilitarian trend in watches, powerful lume is more important than ever. And as we have seen reported on this site, Super Lumova is easily outshined by cheaper products from the likes of GlowInc. Also, Orange lume is just as easily obtainable as standard colours such as green or white. Furthermore, as U-Boat and others demonstrate, there will be an increased demand for a wider lume palette on rep-worthy utilitarian watches, so let's get cracking. Hope to see a lume-improvement on the orange 42 mm and on reps in general :bounce:

Edited by mastergod